Scroll to see replies

rawwwwr!
Ughh will deffo be retaking...we can retake this paper in june right?! :frown:

yess, we can! But positivitey! (sp :s) you won't need to

Come on guyyyys two solid days of revision yet! :smile: x
Reply 21
pp12
hey whats the quote?

Most likely it will be source 5 47-49 or 50-51. If Q1 is on Non Fatal Offences, Q2 will be on consent. That quote is source 6 36-38

tbh I dont think I will have enough time to write a decent answer in about half an hr
Reply 22
Danman0704
Most likely it will be source 5 47-49 or 50-51. If Q1 is on Non Fatal Offences, Q2 will be on consent. That quote is source 6 36-38

tbh I dont think I will have enough time to write a decent answer in about half an hr

i reckon it might be the other way round, consent q1 and offences q2.
i think spend about 15 mins on q1
scenarios - 15 mins
and then a whole hour on the essay.
Reply 23
tommorow guys! all ready? :d
I can remember all the cases for consent, i just cant remember them for OAPA section, this should be fun!
Reply 25
irish_4_life
yess, we can! But positivitey! (sp :s) you won't need to

Come on guyyyys two solid days of revision yet! :smile: x

haha I know your right i should stay positive. We can do this! wooo :p:
Reply 26
I want to revise but i just cant bring myself the open the textbook :erm:
What is everyones bets then for tomorrow, i guess question 1 is consent, question 2 is OAPA!
Lol
Reply 29
how did you all find it?
Reply 30
:d
Reply 31
I thought I did awesome. The scenarios... were odd. Like not what we practised at all! I assumed there'd be some consent in them?! Or am I being dense and there was? =/ I kinda edged consent into the first, by saying crap about sexual gratification in hitting her. Yeahh...

Wilson, hell yeah. Not what I expected but pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to write the whole of effin' Brown. Or I/B =) And the essay was... good, like exact same quote as my teacher gave us, but the question was slightly different. You didn't have to talk about Assault and Battery really in that essay did you? I figured not, cos it said .47, .20 and .18?
Reply 32
Stringer987
What is everyones bets then for tomorrow, i guess question 1 is consent, question 2 is OAPA!

well guessed :biggrin:
Reply 33
draikzer
I thought I did awesome. The scenarios... were odd. Like not what we practised at all! I assumed there'd be some consent in them?! Or am I being dense and there was? =/ I kinda edged consent into the first, by saying crap about sexual gratification in hitting her. Yeahh...

Wilson, hell yeah. Not what I expected but pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to write the whole of effin' Brown. Or I/B =) And the essay was... good, like exact same quote as my teacher gave us, but the question was slightly different. You didn't have to talk about Assault and Battery really in that essay did you? I figured not, cos it said .47, .20 and .18?

i didn't mention battery and consent because it just said the relevant sections :smile:
Reply 34
I didnt mention battery or assault either, but I had that exact same question, with answer in my book! glad I had a look at it!

In the 3c, what did everyone charge it as? ABH or GBH?
Im confused. I did this today, but mine wasnt on these topics. This is A2 right? Mine was on exclusion clauses.
Reply 36
HannanB
I didnt mention battery or assault either, but I had that exact same question, with answer in my book! glad I had a look at it!

In the 3c, what did everyone charge it as? ABH or GBH?

i said it could be either depending on the seriousness of the psychiatric injury then mentioned relevant cases, e.g. ireland, burstow, chanfook (although it was not allowed in the last 1)
Reply 37
pp12
i said it could be either depending on the seriousness of the psychiatric injury then mentioned relevant cases, e.g. ireland, burstow, chanfook (although it was not allowed in the last 1)

ditto. but because we had to choose, i went with ABH as it would be easier to prove in practical terms in addition to the fact that it wasnt serious physciatric injury, simply phsyciatric injury
Reply 38
i thought the 1st scenario was dumb and confusing! i said how the woman's consent to being slapped was more "mere submission" opposed to actual consent. also i felt that source 5 that we had to quote from for question 2 mainly was so long and it all practically said the same thing - inflict and cause are the same thing and that its not practical. however even if i feel i have done well, because its a new specification i'm aware that they are trying to make this exam harder so it will be harder to get the marks.
Reply 39
i didnt have time to refer to the source at all. our teacher absoloutley avoided em like the plague. I tried to ensure that i referred to stuff from the AS but im hoping for a min C, anything above and ill be really chuffed

Latest