The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So are you wanting to go completely romantic relationship free for the rest of your life too?
Because without sex or any kind of sexual acts with each other you're just friends really.
I know a guy that wants to stay a virgin forever. He's a pretty cool guy, and has quite a few relationships in his teen years so it's not like he can't get some. He says he just laughs at how people give the opposite sex so much importance and he genuinely thinks no girl is good enough to sleep with him.

I remember not so long ago many people were making fun of him that it's his excuse to cover up not being able to get a girl, so he went and got with a real hot girl to prove he is able....and then dumped her soon after the point was proven.

In that sense, I do find it hard that a guy who can get with girls actually chooses to stay a virgin. :confused:
Its very very unusual, but don't you think you might change your mind when you get a bit older or meet someone you really love? (I know I sound a bit patronising) If you have that sexual desire to masturbate, then maybe you just need to get used to the feeling, and give it a try at least. Though I must say Id much rather experience the problems than never do it.
Reply 23
Do whatever makes you happy...?
You'll probably change your mind when you grow up a bit. You might be asexual as well.
Yep its weird, but whatever floats your boat.
Reply 26
Honestly, maybe a bit weird. But thats not to say it's wrong, your opinions might change over time. :smile: Saying that... i know a woman who is in her seventies and never had a boyfriend/had sex or anything like that.
I felt exactly the same 6 months ago..... That was before I met the love of my life and everything changed.

Don't cut yourself off from the possibility of change. Just take each day as it comes - making the decision to 'remain' a virgin forever is a silly statement to make imo, you never know who you're going to meet.
Reply 28
You'll probably change your mind...:giggle:
Anonymous
I know how love feels, and I know how it feels to lose it. And I know tha sex would bring so much more complications to life and emotions. I have decided to commit myself to a sexless life to avoid anymore hurt than I've already felt.
It's not that I don't want sex, I masturbate everyday which might be abit weird for a girl?

Am I so weird? Because I haven't heard of anyone else deciding this, for reasons such as avoiding being hurt??

Well, I tell you a secret - it's worth it :p:
Reply 30
I don't think it's weird at all though I think that in the future you'll probably meet someone who is worth taking that risk for and you might sleep with them and it all might work out fine
Maybe you'll meet the perfect guy and you could get married and then you won't have to lose your virginity til your wedding night ....so the guy who proposed to you is obviously committed to you and doesn't want to hurt your feelings :smile:
Reply 31
It goes against nature. Although alot of things nowdays go against nature.
Reply 32
You're about as normal as tinktinktinkerbell, says it all really
Reply 33
nuns do it, on paper anyway
LizzieLizzie.
Hmm, I always used to say that as well. Pretty much the same situation.
But when you meet the right person, you do want to give everything to them :smile:

not always true
If or when you do have sex, make sure it's meaningful. Trust me when it's meaningful and with someone you truly and passionately love, it feels fantastic. If you do with as a casual thing, you feel disgusted with yourself no matter what you think of your conscience.
Why is it weird? It's a boring life choice but I really don't get why it would be "weird"
It's certainly not normal!
Reply 38
Kash:)
It goes against nature. Although alot of things nowdays go against nature.

Like. :p:
Anonymous
I know how love feels, and I know how it feels to lose it. And I know tha sex would bring so much more complications to life and emotions. I have decided to commit myself to a sexless life to avoid anymore hurt than I've already felt.
It's not that I don't want sex, I masturbate everyday which might be abit weird for a girl?

Am I so weird? Because I haven't heard of anyone else deciding this, for reasons such as avoiding being hurt??

I feel exactly the same. exactly the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending