The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You've booked your first 3 lessons and last 2 lessons with that offer, just to point out. The website to me seems unprofessional but then again they are trying to target the market with "cool" speak. Only way to find out is to try them really, you need to find an instructor that you get on with.
Reply 2
Steeps
You've booked your first 3 lessons and last 2 lessons with that offer, just to point out. The website to me seems unprofessional but then again they are trying to target the market with "cool" speak. Only way to find out is to try them really, you need to find an instructor that you get on with.

Yup. Just wanted to know if anyones tried them to know if they are professional enough or are just jerking your chain ot get more $$ out of you.
Reply 3
Did you find a decent driver.....Im looking for one,, finding it hard to find anyone decent....help

please . thanks
I would stay well away from that company, used to work for them as a instructor, and trust me, you WILL NOT get all your lessons, company policy
dont use them bloody awful company
I would always advise against booking a number of lessons straight away. What if you don't get on with the instructor? What if their style means you don't learn anything? You have then committed yourself to a specific number of hours with someone unsuitable for you. It is far better to take at least one trial lesson even though it may be more expensive than lessons in a block. That way you will spend a little (more) money upfront rather than waste a lot over a period of time.

Best of Luck, whatever you decide

Emma
Reply 7
Original post by passwithmark
dont use them bloody awful company

My Name is Mark and to my knowledge i am the ONLY MARK that is working from drive dynamics!!! Just like to say Drive Dynamics IS NOT A BLOODY AWFUL COMPANY! And whoever you are, saying things like this when it is not the truth, let me ask one question, Have you ever worked for them? If you have i can see why you are no longer there!! You need to tell the truth about them, they DO NOT RIP people off as you have suggested in your other threads, in fact they bend over backwards to help anyone!! So please people DON'T believe what this FOOL has put as he is a LIAR!!!
Reply 8
Original post by RandomFellas
Yup. Just wanted to know if anyones tried them to know if they are professional enough or are just jerking your chain ot get more $$ out of you.

Hi RandomFella, just to answer your question we are professional, and are not just jerking your chain!! if you want to see try a taster lesson and find out!!
Cant say ive ever heard of them
Reply 10
Original post by mark_79
Hi RandomFella, just to answer your question we are professional, and are not just jerking your chain!! if you want to see try a taster lesson and find out!!

you know this thread was started 9 months ago right and the guy who started it hasnt commented since?
your rant = nothing
i passed my test with them :smile: first time for me they were very proffesional, brilliant instructor!!!!!!! office was very helpfull but thats only my subjective opinion.
also I have seen pass rate at 76%. I'm not sure if thats true when you consider that the DSA average is 32%, but i have passed first time :biggrin: so thats the best proof for me! :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Total Scam. My wife prepaid 10 "refresher" lessons with them, got an ignorant and rude instructor. After this ordeal we wanted a refund and they simply hung up the phone on us 3 times, as the money is already on their side. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
Reply 13
Hey, as the OP, I'd like to say that I passed first time after around 30 lessons. My instructor was Tony, this was around 1 1/2 years ago though so not sure if his still there... One of the best and calmest instructors I ever had! (not sure about the company though. I think he takes private books too.) When ever I made a mistake, he was cool about it and would let me correct it if no danger was present. All my previous instructors where a-holes!

Sometimes you get lucky I guess! Joboman, name and shame the instructor!!
Reply 14
The problem with these type of driving schools is that its a franchise and run from an office or home, so until the instructor meets the pupil on the first lesson they may have never spoken, a lack of communication between the pupil and instructor is common in theses cases, so my advise if looking for lessons look at the reviews first then ring the instructor and speak to him or her personally, try and get a free first lesson and if you don't like him or her don't go back and you've lost nothing.
Reply 15
I booked 10 lessons with them and ive just had to cancel with them as i found the driving instructor rude and impatient, i rung the head office to change instructors and they were no help either so i contacted the instructor and asked for a refund which i got after many phone calls.
Reply 16
Original post by mark_79
My Name is Mark and to my knowledge i am the ONLY MARK that is working from drive dynamics!!! Just like to say Drive Dynamics IS NOT A BLOODY AWFUL COMPANY! And whoever you are, saying things like this when it is not the truth, let me ask one question, Have you ever worked for them? If you have i can see why you are no longer there!! You need to tell the truth about them, they DO NOT RIP people off as you have suggested in your other threads, in fact they bend over backwards to help anyone!! So please people DON'T believe what this FOOL has put as he is a LIAR!!!

Looks really professional, when you come on attempting to defend the company you work for like this, in the manner that you did. I suggest you didn't show the Drive Dynamics Driving School in the best light, and in my opinion, it would only be a fool who takes lessons with you.
I drive with someone hired from the company and I have to say that he is a friendly gentleman who is also a very good instructor. I have my test coming up soon and he fulfilled all the hours that we had scheduled. Only thing about it is that you don't know who you're gonna get from the company so it very much depends on luck. I took a bit of a risk by paying £100 up-front but thats because I didn't read through the whole terms and conditions that it includes the first few hours and the last few instead of all of it being consecutive as I had though when signing up. Worked out okay in the end I guess, I have my first driving test coming up this week :smile:
Original post by nila kausar

passed me driving test weith somone different and he was a blessing xxxx whooooo hooooo yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
Reply 19
Hi my name is barry and I am a driving instructor with drive dynamics and based in and around the teesside area and I would just like to say that the comments that were made by passwithmark was wholly untrue, he never was or ever has been a driving instructor with drive dynamics and I know this and can be 100 percent certain.
However, if any students within the teesside area need and are looking to learn to drive send me an email and I will be happy to discuss any questions they may have NO OBLIGATION.
As far as passwithmark is concerned I would seriously consider banning him for slander.

Latest

Trending

Trending