The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Erm, well there are loads of studies done on conformity, maybe you could look at them and devise something yourself?
Reply 2
This is only an A level suggestion, but what we did once was show particpants a picture of a woman or man and ask them to write down how old they thought he/she was, on a piece of paper. One group are shown a picture and write on a blank piece of paper, and the other group is given a piece of paper with 'other participants' suggestions. Supposedly, those with a higher level of conformity write an age similar to what is on the rest of the page.
Hope this helps in some way!
We've been told to use one that's already out there. That gives it validity whereas one we make ourselves might be flawed.
I think you'll really struggle to find an academic questionnaire that has been published. I've just been creating a questionnaire for my third year dissertation (sciences though), and it takes a LOT to validate it, and mine is still incredibly flawed.
Reply 7
GodspeedGehenna
Oh dear..

I think OP is looking for an academic questionnaire that has been reliability and validity tested and subsequently been used in research.

Yeah I know, but I couldn't find anything apart from these so I just thought I'd post them anyway :p: Also hence why I did say that they probably aren't what they were looking for...
OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).
Thank you everyone :smile: I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!
Reply 10
hi gemma, i am now doing a research project and i myself need a conformity questionnaire. i am a little pressed for time, as my group and i only decided to add the conformity questionnaire in last minute. i actually need it by tomorrow :frown: lol and well i know this is extremely short notice but can you pass it on to me asap please.thanks so much for your help, greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 11
hi, i'm doing a research on conformity and i also need a conformity questionnaire.. do you mind if you send me one as soon as possible please.... i really appreciate it..
Reply 12
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Thank you everyone :smile: I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!

Hi. i am looking for a conformity questionnaire and am loosing my mind trying to find one. would you mind letting me know which one you used? i know this was a while back that you were looking for one
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).

Hey sorry this is over a year late but thanks for your help all that time ago with this.

And apologies to everyone who asked me for the link to the one I used, as I'm now on a different computer and have no way to find it again (and not organised enough to have saved a copy of it).

I hope your research all goes well to those who are doing similar things to what I did two years back.
Reply 14
Hi,
can you please sne dme the link?
I will appreciate that very much!
I also need that kind of conformity questionnaire, and I happend to find your post.
can you help please?
Hi I'm currently doing my EPQ my question is "why do we socially conform?" I thought maybe using a questionnaire could really make my essay so much more interesting to corroborte with research. Any suggestions please?? Thanks
Reply 16
Hello everyone.

can someone please give me a website wherein they have free validated questionnaires regarding conformity?

I'm loosing my mind trying to find one...

Thanks

Reply 17
Hello everyone.

can someone please give me a website wherein they have free validated questionnaires regarding conformity?

I'm loosing my mind trying to find one...

Thanks

Guys. Ineed a good source of conformity questionnaire, Can someone send me here the link. Thankyou somuch!❤ please.
Can you please link it?

Latest