The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm hoping to get one.
my part time ambition is to be a cashier or a data-entry clerk haahaaha
or maybe a translator..if they need any Japanese-English speakers..

i can only work 20hrs a week as i'm an international student. But i'm not sure if i even have the time to work..
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'll be getting a part time job, not sure what yet though.
I reckon i'll need to bring in about £100 a week, so that'd mean about 20 hours in a shop, or less hours in a restaurant working as a waiter, maybe 15 hours..

However, I could also do computer repairs and help with german learners, only to a certain degree, perhaps GCSE..

I'd have to see what comes up when I get there!

Oh yeah, and I will need to get the grades to get into Leeds first! :p:
Reply 3
Yeah, i was thinking about doing no more than 20 hours, probably in a shop.
i want a job in a clothes shop so i get discount!! my ideal job would be in the vivienne westwood shop but iv got no chance cos they only have like 3 ppl working there!! boo hoo! but harvey nics would be nice
Reply 5
Soapysudds1
i want a job in a clothes shop so i get discount!! my ideal job would be in the vivienne westwood shop but iv got no chance cos they only have like 3 ppl working there!! boo hoo! but harvey nics would be nice

Harvey Nicks would be nice, but I'd just end up spendimg all my money there!
Reply 6
Hi all, Leeds is supposedly very well geared up for employing students, I applied to an insurance company in Leeds who give out student term-time contracts, I've got through two stages and have another interview so fingers crossed...there does seem to be plenty of work out there esp. for marketing agencies, who offer the odd day and you can refuse it if you want they just put your details on their database and ring you if and when...easy money seemingly at £50-£60 a day.
Reply 7
Don't think i'll be getting a job as i'll be heading home most weekends, and want to use the week for studies (i WILL get my head down this time!)
However, i have an interview today for my local cinema, so hopefully if i get that, i'll be able to do the odd shift over the weekend at home.
Reply 8
rach1986
Harvey Nicks would be nice, but I'd just end up spendimg all my money there!

Its something ridiculous like 40% discount working there (an ex housemate used to work in personal shopping, got to shop for all sorts of people) But 40% at Harvey Nick's is still a hell of a lot. There are so many shops and bars in the city though you shouldn't have trouble finding work
Reply 9
20 hours is a lot isn't it?

I hope to do 12 or less, but might not get it until after Christmas once I've got an idea of the workload etc.

I quite miss my till I have to say!
Reply 10
yea i think il get a job...cos i spend WAHAY to much...i cnt help.....just on a saturday tho...more then that and i dnt think id manage cos medicine quite a demanding course...
wanna work in a nice clothes store...jus for discounts,lol!!!
Reply 11
I'm keeping the job I've got in Doncaster while I'm at Uni. I work 16 hours at weekends in a store. Its only about a 35 minutes by train to Doncaster from Leeds anyway so if I don't go home at weekends, I can commute :smile:
woo hoo donny!!
racquel
Hi all, Leeds is supposedly very well geared up for employing students, I applied to an insurance company in Leeds who give out student term-time contracts, I've got through two stages and have another interview so fingers crossed...there does seem to be plenty of work out there esp. for marketing agencies, who offer the odd day and you can refuse it if you want they just put your details on their database and ring you if and when...easy money seemingly at £50-£60 a day.

what kinda work are you tlaking about, sorry if it sounds thick, but what would you do for a marketing agency to earn £50 a day?

I relaly need to get a part time job, working in a library at the moment(not many hours though, i will find it hard to adjust to working more than the odd shift a week and saturdays), maybe i can get a similar position at Leeds Library :confused: , otherwise its supermarket shelf stacking and till work for me, not going to be too fussy, thats just pointless! although I may have to draw the line at macdonalds, I would hate to work there, it woudl be worse than being a cleaner in a primary school which was my last summer job :rofl:
ewww at the memories :eek:

its only hmm 20mins or so maybe less on the train form Leeds to Braddy, so in theory i can keep my Job here and commute at weekends and the odd weekday, timetable permitting....
Reply 14
i'll probably end up in a pub or something. the oldman-ier ish the better, i says!
i love old man pubs there so creepy
Reply 16
*shakes off old beer and rollie-ash from fingertips.

yep, you cant go wrong with a nice old locals pub. i work in one at the moment which would be perfect if it weren't for the stupid ****ing idiot ******** owner who is basically a big alcoholic slave.

:smile:
Reply 17
... driver.

(hicc!)
Reply 18
i'll probally get some pint pouring job at a random pub close as possible to the uni.
Reply 19
seeya in there!

Latest