The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

suicidaloverbusiness
REALLY!! wow well done, you know the boundary marks for C2 it was really high this time, instead of needing 34 or 35 for an A* you needed 38 :frown: oh well I still got 93 UMS which I guess is alright since the boundary marks were so high. I also got 93 UMS for C3 which I am ecstatic about because I really only revised last minute. WOOHOO an A* for C3 but I would have got that 100 UMS if the paper wasn't so easy and I made so many stupid mistakes.

Haha, thanks; I was pleased. Especially since I am taking the subject to AS and it was one of my favourites :smile:

Well done, yourself :smile: If you only "revised last minute" it just shows you learnt it all in lesson :biggrin: Did you take Physics and Biology too?
kizstyle
Haha, thanks; I was pleased. Especially since I am taking the subject to AS and it was one of my favourites :smile:

Well done, yourself :smile: If you only "revised last minute" it just shows you learnt it all in lesson :biggrin: Did you take Physics and Biology too?

No I didn't do any other science exams because I already took Biology 2 and Physics 2 last year. I did C2 and C3 on the 18th of Jan but they one after another!!! :eek3: so I had to revise really efiiciently (which I didn't btw I only revised for C2 properly and left a few days for C3 because I had a business exam 5 days before my chemistry exams). All I have left now are P3 and B3 in the summer woohoo. Oh and i'm doing my biology ISA atm too, hoping for an A*. Any tips?
Reply 82
100 Ums :wink:
suicidaloverbusiness
No I didn't do any other science exams because I already took Biology 2 and Physics 2 last year. I did C2 and C3 on the 18th of Jan but they one after another!!! :eek3: so I had to revise really efiiciently (which I didn't btw I only revised for C2 properly and left a few days for C3 because I had a business exam 5 days before my chemistry exams). All I have left now are P3 and B3 in the summer woohoo. Oh and i'm doing my biology ISA atm too, hoping for an A*. Any tips?

Just go over your key terms, really. Make sure you have a comprehensive knowledge of all the terminology involved in the paper(validity, reliability, preciseness, etc.) which I'm sure you do already :smile:

Also, if it helps, try writing out now exactly what you did/what you are going to do in your experiment and the limitations of your equipment or reliability. Think ahead by reflecting on ways in which you could ammend this e.g. you could of controlled more variables such as temperature or light intensity (I don't know what practical you did).

I'm sure you'll do fine and good luck with your other exams :smile:
kizstyle
Just go over your key terms, really. Make sure you have a comprehensive knowledge of all the terminology involved in the paper(validity, reliability, preciseness, etc.) which I'm sure you do already :smile:

Also, if it helps, try writing out now exactly what you did/what you are going to do in your experiment and the limitations of your equipment or reliability. Think ahead by reflecting on ways in which you could ammend this e.g. you could of controlled more variables such as temperature or light intensity (I don't know what practical you did).

I'm sure you'll do fine and good luck with your other exams :smile:

Thanks, i'm doing the ISA on yeast plus sugar and how the type of sugar affects the amount of gas released from the yeast/sugar mixture. My teacher said that the Biology ISA is the hardest out of all of them :frown:...btw which one did you do and what did you achieve? Good luck for all your future exams too :smile:
I got 100 UMS :biggrin: I actually nearly cried. And then my teacher told me I got 44 out of 45 marks :biggrin: One of the best moments of my life (that's how much of a geek I am).
Reply 86
I got 100 ums and i think I had 100% in the exam

Latest

Trending

Trending