The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've had my 6th/2nd lesson depending on how you look at it and my instructor wants me to book my test for a few months ahead - not sure at the moment.

Am kinda getting back into the swing of things yey. But still a bit noob at clutch control - i take ages bringing the clutch up, then as I get it to the biting point I bring it up QUICKLY. Gah I have issues :p:
Reply 21
I have my practical test tomorrow(second time) feeling really nervous about it now, so wish I wasn't such a anxious person haha but all I can do is try!
Good lesson again :yep:
He said he was going to take me into the area where driving tests are held next week for me to get famliar with roads there and stuff. :yep:
Just had what will hopefully be my 2nd to last lesson ever. Got the lesson before my test a week on wednesday then the test itself! Starting to get really nervous but will be so awesome if i pass!
omg getting nervous re tommorrow :eep:
xsarahhh
I have my practical test tomorrow(second time) feeling really nervous about it now, so wish I wasn't such a anxious person haha but all I can do is try!

Mine is tommorrow too!
getting nervous, argh
she says i'm fine, when i'm not nervous :p:
Philosoraptor
I've had my 6th/2nd lesson depending on how you look at it and my instructor wants me to book my test for a few months ahead - not sure at the moment.

:o:
i wasn't allowed to book my test until i'd had over 25ish lessons :cool:

Booked in Febbbbb

I've had 40-50 now and loads of time in my car, but who knows if that's enough :rolleyes:
Reply 27
SiaSiaSia
Mine is tommorrow too!
getting nervous, argh
she says i'm fine, when i'm not nervous :p:

oo good luck! :smile: my instructor said the same about me haha
SiaSiaSia
:o:
i wasn't allowed to book my test until i'd had over 25ish lessons :cool:

Booked in Febbbbb

I've had 40-50 now and loads of time in my car, but who knows if that's enough :rolleyes:

ooooh 40 - 50 that's LOADS haha, I'm sure you'll be fine!
xsarahhh
oo good luck! :smile: my instructor said the same about me haha

lol :frown:
I started my period today, it must've been due to stress
I am so annoyed :mad2: but trying to stay calm :sad: :sad: :sad:
failed.
i was so confident beforehand as well.
Had another lesson today. Went quite well I thought.

Started out, went straight onto the dual carriageway. But there was a 50 mph speed limit and I kept creeping over. But then went through a village, and reversed round a corner in an industrial estate a couple times. Not as hard as I was expecting. Getting the hang of gear changes and I'm starting to feel confident driving around now.

Just gotta replace my licence now - I lost the paper part and I think I'm nearly ready to take my theory test.
Reply 32
SiaSiaSia
failed.
i was so confident beforehand as well.

Don't worry :smile:.

What went wrong?
Rucklo
Don't worry :smile:.

What went wrong?

Went too near a ******* cyclist
I had my 31st lesson today and my instructor said that after I have learnt my next manouevre (bay park) I should look into booking my test! :eek: :woo: These days (including today) when I think I've had a not-very-good lesson he often surprises me by saying "well done" at the end and telling me it was a pretty good lesson!

Today we had a trainee instructor sitting in the back.
Reply 35
well, today was not good, it was my first time out with my dad and he was absolutely horrid, he's telling me that i will knock someone over if i dont do "hand brake, neutral" instead of "hand brake, first gear + biting point" he just can't comprehend that i do that. another thing is he's expecting me to be used to the car when i've only been in it for about 20 minutes previously and also he's telling me i need to be in 4th on normal roads with a limit of 30 and also 5th when i can only go 45 i've been taught for 6 months to go 4th when i'm going 45 and 3rd when i'm going 30.
he left me in tears and also told me that he was going to take me off the insurance and called me a crap driver!
Reply 36
patriceee
well, today was not good, it was my first time out with my dad and he was absolutely horrid, he's telling me that i will knock someone over if i dont do "hand brake, neutral" instead of "hand brake, first gear + biting point" he just can't comprehend that i do that. another thing is he's expecting me to be used to the car when i've only been in it for about 20 minutes previously and also he's telling me i need to be in 4th on normal roads with a limit of 30 and also 5th when i can only go 45 i've been taught for 6 months to go 4th when i'm going 45 and 3rd when i'm going 30.
he left me in tears and also told me that he was going to take me off the insurance and called me a crap driver!

Simply put and sorry to offend you.. your dad is a moron.

My dad had the same issues but I just explained I wasn't hurting anyone by not going into neutral and that 3rd wasn't revving it too high and he accepted it.

Talk to him because he is in the wrong.
patriceee

All the bolded bit, I think is a dad thing.. or an old learner thing to be honnest.

My dad taught me the exact same thing and I was like um. no, it's not it's first gear biting point. He let me do that now, as I'm used to it and know for sure that I won't stall etc whereas if I take it out of gear into netural I will stall.

Also I just realised yesterday, when my dad was driving my car he was doing 4th gear in a 30mph area! I nearly yelled at him saying what is he doing? Just going above 30 in 3rd gear will be fine! :p: Needless to say, he immediately got out of 4th gear and stayed at 3rd. My mum (who was sitting at the back the whole time ) said she pefered staying in 3rd over 30mph and 40 roughtly around 35 / 40mph as it's smoother etc. )

I hope that helps. =/
Reply 38
Ducklighter
my dad was driving my car he was doing 4th gear in a 30mph area! I nearly yelled at him saying what is he doing?

Why would you yell at him for saving your car fuel?
Rucklo
Why would you yell at him for saving your car fuel?

Because... I didn't know about that at that time? :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending