The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Honda Civic? :wink:
dd1989
Honda Civic? :wink:

Yeah lol :p:

I snapped this one near Krabi in Thailand :smile: I was pleased as I'm more used to landscape work!
Reply 1223
Aww i like thaat photo, romance of another kind
Reply 1224
Romance of another kind :-

what's become of this thread?

Spoiler

This is one of my favourites that I have taken -

but I love this one too

My dad took the most amazing picture of an emu, up close looking at the camera

If you like my pictures please add me on flickr! http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucindasawyer/
No great shakes but a couple of photos of my nephew I liked.

Spoiler

Not my best, but my most recent and the photo I've spent the most amount of time taking:

An ant, Lasius niger the head is just under 1mm across

another of my favourites:

A garden spider
death.drop
No great shakes but a couple of photos of my nephew I liked.

Spoiler

love the second one
Reply 1230
Reply 1231

a squirrel from the park near Buckingham palace

this is my puppy when he was 5 months old

sorry the images are so big
I have taken better photographs, but here are a couple I have at hand:

Oh look a cove.

This might not look that great, but it was pitch black and close to midnight on a poorly lit street when I spotted Mr. Froggypants here.
Reply 1233
Anglerfish
I have taken better photographs, but here are a couple I have at hand:

Oh look a cove.

I wouldn't say that was a particularly good photograph, it's just the actual scenery is nice, in essence any one could point a camera at that scene and it would look nice.

The horizon is wonky and the sky is washed out/way too over exposed.
dd1989
I wouldn't say that was a particularly good photograph, it's just the actual scenery is nice, in essence any one could point a camera at that scene and it would look nice.

The horizon is wonky and the sky is washed out/way too over exposed.

Just wanted to join in. ;D
I'm no photographer, I took that on a phone.
I think I've posted on here before but here we go again.

Digital shot from a colour film shoot I was doing in the studio at college. I'll get the prints I did scanned in sometime too. Shot with my Helios 58mm f/2 @ f/16

More of a show off of my 6.3fps camera and PS skills than anything, but it looks cool :biggrin:

Pseudo-HDR, taken in Bristol in spring half term. Nikon Series E 28mm f2.8, a wonderful lens that I picked up for £30.

One of my best out of my Kaligor 135mm f/2.8, shot at f/5.6 to sharpen things up.

I know there's a few but I can never choose :o: Have a look at my stuff on dA (link in my sig) and become a fan of SunDustPhotos on Facebook please :awesome:
Reply 1236
I like the 3rd one a lot - Just watch out with who you snap in the pictures when doing public shoots.

The others dont do it for me to be honest, but the 3rd - with the black and white effect works very well.
Reply 1237
Just watch out with who you snap in the pictures when doing public shoots.

Why? So long as you aren't pointing a camera in a police man's face you can do what you want.
dd1989
Why? So long as you aren't pointing a camera in a police man's face you can do what you want.

if i remember correctly, there is nothing wrong with taking pictures of police, as long as you dont track/follow them etc.
likewise, no one can ask you to delete photos that you have taken

everyone is paranoid:rolleyes:
MGS
I like the 3rd one a lot - Just watch out with who you snap in the pictures when doing public shoots.

The others dont do it for me to be honest, but the 3rd - with the black and white effect works very well.

Why don't they do it for you? IMO the last is the weakest of the lot that I posted but there you go. The second is hardly an artistic shot, or in fact good in many ways at all. The subject (me) is totally out of focus and composition is hardly perfect, it's more of an interesting look at what you can actually do with a fast frame rate.

I had a quick look at your Photography website in your sig and I'm wondering quite why you decide to post up images that even at low res, quite obviously are not in focus or have camera shake? I shoot manual lenses quite a lot so I've become quite a stickler for finding focus.

I will sometimes put up out of focus/badly exposed/slight camera shake affected images up on Facebook from a party or something when each moment is unique and unposed, but when doing actual 'photography' or on a shoot I will not put up an out of focus or shakey photo online and see it as quite unprofessional to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending