The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2010 Competition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
huxley49
They said I'd have an 'appointment' soonish. Not sure what I like the sound of more? 'Suitability interview' sounds like something you can fail!!

I know - apparently it's 'an opportunity for the department to meet you before offering you employment'! Best of luck with the appointment. Have the department written to you yet, or is it just via the GES that you've found out?
Reply 1981
almonds
I know - apparently it's 'an opportunity for the department to meet you before offering you employment'! Best of luck with the appointment. Have the department written to you yet, or is it just via the GES that you've found out?

Thanks man. Just the GES so far. Apparently someone from DEFRA should contact me soon. If I don't hear from them with 4 WEEKS (!) then I'm meant to email someone. I'm waiting with bated breath.
richaj
got a rejection this morning - 8 months to end up with zero! don't think I'll bother next year.

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: Maybe it's a sign that theres something even better out there for you :smile: Don't let the bastards get you down!
Reply 1983
Henrietta Cake
Sorry to hear that richaj, come back stronger than ever!

I had HRFSB this morning and I think it went well, was anyone else there??

I had my HR FSB this afternoon. I thought it went well too, wait and see.. I really hope we hear soon!
Mikey6
I had my HR FSB this afternoon. I thought it went well too, wait and see.. I really hope we hear soon!

Unfortunately not - they said we won't hear until at least after the last HR FSB on 19th May. Moooooooooreeeeeee waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiittttttiiiiiinggggg.

But at least it's over now.
Reply 1985
Henrietta Cake
Unfortunately not - they said we won't hear until at least after the last HR FSB on 19th May. Moooooooooreeeeeee waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiittttttiiiiiinggggg.

But at least it's over now.

I have some good news for you cake! They have had a re-think during the day!

The people there from DWP who run the HR FS said this afternoon they had asked the FS team to bring forward notifying people who are "clear passes" as they dont want to "loose them to the GFS when results are released next week". So told us it could be as early as tomorrow, but we may not find out until May if they decide not to go ahead with this idea.

So who knows???
Yeah i was told the better passes would be told in the next few days and then end of may for the rest. Lets just hope!
Reply 1987
huxley49
Thanks man. Just the GES so far. Apparently someone from DEFRA should contact me soon. If I don't hear from them with 4 WEEKS (!) then I'm meant to email someone. I'm waiting with bated breath.

Hehe - it's week number 3 for me already (I only heard from the GSS). I think I'll email next week if I still haven't heard...
Reply 1988
Commiserations to Richaj and everyone else who didn't get what they want.

On a totally different note, I'm just about to drive to Germany. Insane.
did anyone who has attended the HRFSB get any indication on the number of people through to this round compared to the number of places.

The graduate from last year said that 50 were taken last year so i hope that this is about the same becasue there were 24 people who attended yesterday so if you take that to be the same for all 4 FSB's then that would mean about 100 left for 50 places??
Mikey6
I have some good news for you cake! They have had a re-think during the day!

So told us it could be as early as tomorrow, but we may not find out until May if they decide not to go ahead with this idea.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO that's terrible news!! Now I'm going to be checking it every day again! Hah, thanks though. I doubt it'll be today but they'll probably start next week.
i know i think i've checked it about 5 times today already even though i know full well that even if they did release the top scoring people early that probably wouldn't be me!

I really can't face the idea of not finding out for another 6-7 weeks though!
Reply 1992
Yeah I asked there are 50 places this year and 100 people are invited to FSB! Not bad odds really!
i suppose even better than 1 in 2 because some people will choose the GFS if accepted and some people won't turn up to the FSB i guess.
Reply 1994
Just got my FSAC report. 17.63 overall which seems fine. But I'm rubbish at making decisions (only scored 2.32 for that) dangerously close to the edge.
well done huxley, thats a really good score, that one might be low but you must have got some high scores in other areas to make it up to mid 17's.
My application has been updated!!!!!!

Oh…It’s now ‘awaiting results’ as opposed to ‘awaiting event’. They would have updated it if I was immediately successful, I assume, so I expect I haven’t got through. I’m going to withdraw as I’m so certain I haven’t got a placement now.
Reply 1997
Mine has been updated too... To awaiting results! Maybe we won't hear any time soon!
same here too, i emailed them to ask about results and they were a bit cryptic but said any time up to after the last FSB, that really does mean checking every day i guess!
Reply 1999
nottsdan85
same here too, i emailed them to ask about results and they were a bit cryptic but said any time up to after the last FSB, that really does mean checking every day i guess!

That really is cryptic! I guess your right, just have to keep on checking and hope for the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending