The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Why are you so bothered about getting a grant, the money you get every month is enough to see you through the month and you also get a 50 quid food allowance a week if you stay away from home but if you stay at home your still entitled to a 10 quid allowance for your lunch each week. If you are so concerned about getting a grant though you could look into gettin a loan in 2nd year when your studying your HNC as your entitled to one.
Reply 81
thanks for that cu123!! also, has everyone received their letter telling them when their aptitude test will be? the only thing ive received is the letter telling me ive passed the first stage :s-smilie:
Yip, got mine in Glasgow on the 22nd, anyone else on hear heard back, or done their test?

Charez
Ive had a email telling me im onto the next stage
and that more was to come
Reply 84
The reason i am so interested in the grant is because i have all sorts of overheads
Reply 85
does any1 know how much your salary is as soon as you finish your 2 years college?
Reply 86
^^ 16500 when your in 3rd year and just under 20000 in 4th year. They will be slightly less if your onshore though.
So its £90 a week ?
Plus transport and food

Then 3rd year its 16500 and 4rth
20000?
Reply 88
just gotten off the phone with the apprenticeship co-ordinator. apparantly, they sort dates for aptitude tests by region. They plan on giving my area (newcastle) their dates within the next 3 weeks or so, but theyre atill doing sctolands now. hopefully this will help anybody who hasn't received a date yet, or maybe thats just me :biggrin:
Reply 89
i live in scotland and i don't have my intervbiew through yet:s-smilie:
Cu123 do you work for opito? how can you be entiltled to a grant if your employed? not being cheecky im wondering myself?

and tbh for people that are getting hung up about a grant its not a bid deal id be doing my course for nothing its well worth the career.

all ecitb get is 80 quid a week. plus travel and thats it. no food allowance but brekkie and dinners paid if u stay at hotel and mechanical and instrument are at falkirk.

yes buy a suit its a formal interview and a good impression counts.
Say I get this apprenticeship
Do you get to come home ?
Reply 92
Aye wallace i work for opito. Im good mates with Chris who is on the ECITB course with you. Im not entitled to a grant, but i am entitled to a loan(obviously has to be paid back) just like anyone else who is taking a HNC.

Dont worry about a loan or grant people, the money you get from the company is enough to see you through the month.

Yes you get to travel home every weekend if you want, but opito only pay for you to travel home 4 times a year, so you will have to fund the travel home yourself for any other times you plan a trip home.

And for the guy asking about wearing a suit i would 100% recommend you wear a suit, this is a proper job your going for and first impressions always count. Everyone who i go to college with atleast wore a shirt and tie with trousers and black polished shoes, many also chose to wear a suit jacket aswell.
Reply 93
cu123, do you get anything put towards your travel home? it was mentioned earlier that if you come home every weekend and youre driving, you get 25p per mile?
Reply 94
Josh, you get 4 trips home each year paid for by opito. Any other times you choose to go home you have to fund it with your own money.
Reply 95
but what does the salary go up to after 4 years?
Reply 96
Cu123
^^ 16500 when your in 3rd year and just under 20000 in 4th year. They will be slightly less if your onshore though.

Also will we be able to take advantage of the offshore "tax" rate?
90 a week ?
when your at college ?
Thats not much :/
Reply 98
90 a week when your at college is good money, and there paying for your accomadation and food, if thats not enough for you then get a part time job. oh and i had my interview today in aberdeen and it went pritty good i think.
Reply 99
It's actually 80 quid a week. You also get accomadation and food paid, imo that is not a bad deal like.

Hope you hear good news danz!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending