The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God knows!! Err, plenty of clothes, computer, all my lotions and potions, ipod (don't know whether to bring my stereo as its massive, I might buy a smaller one), posters to liven up my room, I can't really think of anything else.... :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
clothes, ipod, computer, couple bits of my studio gear, loads of fooood :smile:

thats about it
Reply 3
ChrisA86
For those with their uncoditional offers like me (deferred entry) or those who are all well prepared in general...

What is everyone taking to their accomodation? (Both for living and studying... and well in general)

an electric whisk, a razor and some buttah.
GHD's hair dryer smoothie maker etc etc
hmm PC, maybe a tv haven't decided about that yet, soft toys, hair dryer and my millions of hair brushes! I will porbably forget seomthing obvious liek a toothbrush or night clothes! Not bringin a hifi as I can just use my pc. Don't own much make up so will probably buy some new essensials of the things i actually use, mascara, eyeshadow, lipbalm, eye pencil. Studywise I will just bring the really obvious stuff like pens, 1 folder and a notepad of somekind then see what else I need and get it when I find out. My posters and photos for the wall, err I guess ill need all sorts I should really make a list.. Im so dissorganised I have to go to Wales tommorow and I Havn't even packed yet, i bet it will be the same on the night before uni!
Reply 6
Soapysudds1
GHD's hair dryer smoothie maker etc etc

Smoothie maker? Be in Block F... lol :smile:
Dont bring too much stuff up, I can guarantee that when you pack up to go home at the end of the year you can't fit it all back in the car because you've accumulated things during the year, and you'll realise just how much rubbish you brought in September and never used once
MagicNMedicine
Dont bring too much stuff up, I can guarantee that when you pack up to go home at the end of the year you can't fit it all back in the car because you've accumulated things during the year, and you'll realise just how much rubbish you brought in September and never used once

Hehe right, i have to bring it back home by plane :eek: and if I'm alone I'm only aloud 20 kg! :eek: :eek: I really odnt know how that is gonna work....
Btw if ur self catered dont u need to bring ur own stufff like pan, plates, ustensils... coz then it just adds unto the loads of other stuff i gotta bring :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 9
French Pikachu
Hehe right, i have to bring it back home by plane :eek: and if I'm alone I'm only aloud 20 kg! :eek: :eek: I really odnt know how that is gonna work....
Btw if ur self catered dont u need to bring ur own stufff like pan, plates, ustensils... coz then it just adds unto the loads of other stuff i gotta bring :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh god i didnt think about that... well i mean my only suggestion would be that all that stuff u will have to buy over here.. just bring everything expensive with u.. u dont wanna spend loadsa money here..
You forgot about basic uni stuff like stationary there :P I am not thinking about these things till i know i've got in. Otherwise if i don't i will be living at home... argh!
twistedrose
You forgot about basic uni stuff like stationary there :P I am not thinking about these things till i know i've got in. Otherwise if i don't i will be living at home... argh!

hehe i got my results so i know ive got in but i still dotn know if im going as i migth end up in CAm... but the more i think about it the more i think that Leeds will be better for me than Cambridge... we will see what is decided for me once everyone has their results.... :rolleyes:
so yeah i need to start thinking about organization though... arg stationaries... omg i also still have to book a plane ticket :eek: but i cant book anything until i know where im going... and then i missed the dead line for accomodation and im not going to leeds if they dont provide me with accomodation... but i migth not find out about it until the 15th of september they said :eek: omg this is a mess! :biggrin:
Reply 12
So much too organise! Since I'm self-catered, I'm trying to convince my parents that they really want to drive me there because I don't want to be lugging pots and pans around on the train.

I'll wait until I get there to buy stationary.
Angelica

Ah well.. since i will be leaving good ole woolies i won't get my 20% discount.. so i bought it now. Also its already half price so i am student budgeting.
Reply 14
Angelica
So much too organise! Since I'm self-catered, I'm trying to convince my parents that they really want to drive me there because I don't want to be lugging pots and pans around on the train.

how far u gotta come from? cos i mean my parents are havin to drive me all the way from kent (thats way down south for those not in the know lol)
Reply 15
I have too much crap to bring! TV, Laptop, music stuff and books. Bringing my Cuban flag to hang on my wall as well :smile:
Reply 16
ive actually already bought stuff and i havent even got my results :s-smilie: ive got all my bedding and cushions to go on my bed with throws and stuff lol .. tea towels, towels, got a new cd player to bring cas i had a daft hifi one which is way to big to bring !! is ne 1 thinknig of getting rugs for their bedroom floor in the uni? cas i seen a lush one but dunno if people actually do that? and do u bring ur own chair?? its all confusing stuff !!
kirst x
kirst86
ive actually already bought stuff and i havent even got my results :s-smilie: ive got all my bedding and cushions to go on my bed with throws and stuff lol .. tea towels, towels, got a new cd player to bring cas i had a daft hifi one which is way to big to bring !! is ne 1 thinknig of getting rugs for their bedroom floor in the uni? cas i seen a lush one but dunno if people actually do that? and do u bring ur own chair?? its all confusing stuff !!
kirst x

My friend has also bought everything! She has a rug... her theme is red. I told her if overly done it couldlook like a boudoir.
Reply 18
Kirst86 - you'll be given a chair! when you get your accommodation contract they'll have a list of stuff in the room and what you need to bring.
Reply 19
Thanks for the help ! Twistedrose my theme is also like red.. but also mixed with creams and golds lol getting all excited now !! lol

Latest