The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eeep I have my test on Friday :frown:

It was all going well until yesterday and today when I kept making stupid little mistakes-now I'm really worried :s-smilie:
Been learning since September, but then had time off when I started uni, had my test booked for Jan but then it snowed and got cancelled :mad: and it's taken this long to get a rebooking!

I am utterly useless at parallel park. Just can't do it-I'm certain I'll screw it up when I have absolutely no guidance...ohh dear :o:
It would be nice to pass first time, but then again I'm way too nervous to even think about driving on my own!!!
Scary times!!!
Reply 161
laurenmgbowden

It was all going well until yesterday and today when I kept making stupid little mistakes-now I'm really worried :s-smilie:
Been learning since September, but then had time off when I started uni, had my test booked for Jan but then it snowed and got cancelled :mad: and it's taken this long to get a rebooking!

I am utterly useless at parallel park. Just can't do it-I'm certain I'll screw it up when I have absolutely no guidance...ohh dear :o:
It would be nice to pass first time, but then again I'm way too nervous to even think about driving on my own!!!
Scary times!!!
I have mine on friday too, what times yours?
patriceee
I have mine on friday too, what times yours?

9.15 am ....not my favourite time-going to be tired :s-smilie: ! Means my warm up will be in rush hour, might be a bit stressful!

When is yours? Is it your first attempt?
Reply 163
laurenmgbowden
9.15 am ....not my favourite time-going to be tired :s-smilie: ! Means my warm up will be in rush hour, might be a bit stressful!

When is yours? Is it your first attempt?

mine is 9.50, i live near really good practice roads where everyone comes to learn so no sweat when it comes to the practice, i'd rather have it in the morning to be honest haha i'm worried sick already and yeah its my first attempt :eek3:
laurenmgbowden

Scary times!!!

Don't worry about Paraelle park. I mean I couldn't and can't now after passing 2 months later do Paraelle park. I can't even do reverse around the corners, don't stress too much about it :hugs:
Good luck :smile:
laurenmgbowden

Me too! I failed my first one with 1 major and 4 minors, i failed in the first 5 minutes :frown:

Good luck on friday, i'm sure you'll do a lot better than my first test lol
patriceee

lucky about the practice roads, I have to drive a way to get to them near me, but I'm Hoping it'll get me into the swing of it :o:
How many hours have you had? Good luck!

TheOneCurlyFry
...l

Ooh, what time is yours? Sounds like you just made one real mistake last time, hopefully you'll breeze through this time!!

Ducklighter

Hehe yeah when I said in desperation that I couldn't do parallel park to my instructor he said 'don't worry, neither can 30million other drivers!' lol :p:
Did it come up in your test?
laurenmgbowden
lucky about the practice roads, I have to drive a way to get to them near me, but I'm Hoping it'll get me into the swing of it :o:

Ooh, what time is yours? Sounds like you just made one real mistake last time, hopefully you'll breeze through this time!!

Hehe yeah when I said in desperation that I couldn't do parallel park to my instructor he said 'don't worry, neither can 30million other drivers!' lol :p:
Did it come up in your test?

Nope. I had a three point turn, and did it in 5 turns, becuase the road was stupidly narrow and the examiner helped and allowed me. Shh. :smile:
I also hadd reverse around the corner. It went swimmingly well.. Examiner didn't help me for that though I promise.

I was gutted that I didn't get bay park. I'm amazzing at that indeed. :yep:
Ducklighter
Nope. I had a three point turn, and did it in 5 turns, becuase the road was stupidly narrow and the examiner helped and allowed me. Shh. :smile:
I also hadd reverse around the corner. It went swimmingly well.. Examiner didn't help me for that though I promise.

I was gutted that I didn't get bay park. I'm amazzing at that indeed. :yep:

heheh..I seriously hope I get an examiner that kind!!!
Ideally I want bay park and turn in the road, although for some reason recently my bay park has been a bit tight :s-smilie: But I know when I'm finished and everything's fine with bay park! The I suppose reverse round the corner, and I will cry with parallel park, just because I seem to have no idea of whether the result is ok or not. Ohhh well. If all else fails, I'll wait til October when they change it so you only do one manouevre....
....and still end up with parallel park :p:
laurenmgbowden
heheh..I seriously hope I get an examiner that kind!!!
Ideally I want bay park and turn in the road, although for some reason recently my bay park has been a bit tight :s-smilie: But I know when I'm finished and everything's fine with bay park! The I suppose reverse round the corner, and I will cry with parallel park, just because I seem to have no idea of whether the result is ok or not. Ohhh well. If all else fails, I'll wait til October when they change it so you only do one manouevre....
....and still end up with parallel park :p:

Nahh think positive. Anyways what's the worse can happen if you do get Parallel park, you might just misjudege the kerb maybe and accidently touch it? Don't worry. Don't stress too much about the exam when your doing it.

I was quite lucky in the sense I thought I failed with 2 minutes because i accidently touch a kerb, but she gave me a minor for it, and I just drove like a normal day, albeit not concentrating and thinking when I can do next exam / lesson. But I would advise you to concentrate.

There's also Emergency stop which counts as a manouevre I think. I'm pertty sure it does.
Did parallel parking today. :sexface:

I thought it was the easiest manoeuvre out of them all. :s-smilie:
Reply 171
laurenmgbowden
yeah 5 out of the 8 test routes use those roads! and it means that i don't have to travel far on the morn of the test :biggrin:
i've had about 30 hours and only like 3/4 hours private practice, basically giving myself "lifts" where i need to go and my mum being in the car,
my parents refuse to let me use their car :colonhash: so i will have no hours of private practise.
patriceee
yeah 5 out of the 8 test routes use those roads! and it means that i don't have to travel far on the morn of the test :biggrin:
i've had about 30 hours and only like 3/4 hours private practice, basically giving myself "lifts" where i need to go and my mum being in the car,

Ha bet you're pleased about that :p:
I've had no private practice at all so I'm hoping I get through all right :s-smilie:
Done a few hill starts today.
Didn't do too bad. :smile:
laurenmgbowden

Ooh, what time is yours? Sounds like you just made one real mistake last time, hopefully you'll breeze through this time!

9:37, not too happy about it being so early but HOPEFULLY i wont make any foolish errors this time
Melting Sugar.
my parents refuse to let me use their car :colonhash: so i will have no hours of private practise.

:hugs: It'll be okay. I didn't have any private practice, instead I only relied on my instructor but I had about 50 hours and I passed first time. No need to worry. :smile:
laurenmgbowden
Ha bet you're pleased about that :p:
I've had no private practice at all so I'm hoping I get through all right :s-smilie:

You will get through it :p:. I had 2 different instructors, who had completely different cars (1 petrol, 1 diesel) in different cities and passed (albeit 3rd time :o:) in 7 months, with on average 2 hours every week. I basically had to relearn to drive when I got back down to london ... my reference points were very different (focus is much bigger than a micra) and petrol requires a different technique to diesel.

Everyone can do it; it's just expensive, whether you have your own car or not. Just sometimes people's parents pay so they don't realise the expense :p:
Ducklighter
:hugs: It'll be okay. I didn't have any private practice, instead I only relied on my instructor but I had about 50 hours and I passed first time. No need to worry. :smile:

haha well i've only had 18 hours driving practice but ideally i'd like some hours outside of driving lessons (as they don't cost me a fortune!)
Melting Sugar.
haha well i've only had 18 hours driving practice but ideally i'd like some hours outside of driving lessons (as they don't cost me a fortune!)

Yeah I know, I totally get where your coming from and you can do it whenever you like.

My parents drove a 2L automatic hugee family saloon car, and wouldn't let me drive it :frown: I just had to stick with my instructors car. mehh oh well I passed eventually.