University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
TheTallOne
There's a discrete small logo one: 1 and 2

and there's the massive text one: 3

Available in many colours from Warwick Books.

Wow, looking at everything they have in the shop, I must say that it is world-class... I might have to re-allocate some drinking money for this
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 101
But don't forget that if you join sport clubs and societies that loads of those have their own hoodies too. I don't own a general Warwick one but have three club/soc ones.
Reply 102
georgia
But don't forget that if you join sport clubs and societies that loads of those have their own hoodies too. I don't own a general Warwick one but have three club/soc ones.

Haven't seen one for warwick libertarians :hmmmm2:

What about the NIKE sponsored sweaters. Haven't seen the warwick logo on them, just the NIKE one. If they have warwick on them, I'm completely sold :woo:
Reply 103
bxvgears
Haven't seen one for warwick libertarians :hmmmm2:

What about the NIKE sponsored sweaters. Haven't seen the warwick logo on them, just the NIKE one. If they have warwick on them, I'm completely sold :woo:

It's up to individual societies as to whether or not they're having hoodies. Ask the exec members if they do hoodies if you're that interested :smile:

Not sure exactly which club that is, but I think it's lacrosse or hockey or rugby or something...not just random hoodies.
Reply 104
Hey, will every international student be guaranteed a place in on-campus halls?
manthew
Hey, will every international student be guaranteed a place in on-campus halls?

In terms of accommodation, I don't think international students are treated any differently to home students when it comes to first year undergrad. The "guarantee" is not actually a guarantee that you'll get a place on campus, unfortunately, more a policy that absolute top priority for campus accommodation will be given to first year undergrads. This means that, depending on intake, some students might have to either share on campus (usually only for the first few weeks) or live off-campus (and if this is the case, the accommodation will still be university-managed, but you will have to travel in). I wouldn't worry about this too much though, if you apply on time then everyone is treated equally and it normally ends up being those who apply late (or indeed through clearing) as the ones living off-campus.
Reply 106
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Warwick have a swimming pool?
bxvgears
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Warwick have a swimming pool?

Yes it does, in the sports centre :smile:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/sportscentre/facilities/maincampus/swimmingpool/
Reply 108

And the climbing wall thing is actually on campus (and free of charge for students)?
Hi ! How do you pronounce Gibbet Hill ?
EierVonSatan
Jib-it Hill :p:

Really? I've been saying it wrong then :p: :getmecoat:
EierVonSatan
Well, I don't know how the current people say it but that's how I say it :p:

I used to call it Gibblet Hill.

:teehee:

I say Gibb-it Hill, with a "hard" G :yep: but I am probably wrong
hey guys...was just discussing the standard "omg exams...nervous..worst case scenario blah blah" conversation with one of my friends and was told that apparently there aren't any resits this year (were both 2nd years)...if you fail in summer, you're out permenantly...is this true? no more september resits/pass degrees?
EierVonSatan
Yeah, if memory serves, resits can only be taken in first year.

:erm: I didn't know this!! *PANIC*
EierVonSatan
In fact it looks like that's not the case http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/examinations/undergraduate/failing_exam_assessment/

So there are just no summer resits for second years...so it's a take a year out option. That's almost as bad.

so we def can't resit them in Sept and then just continue with our studies?

"you will not need to be..." but can we be? the language is quite confusing :eek3:

p.s. does anyone know anyone who does Economics & Social Statistics (EC203) and has notes from term2? ive emailed the course lecturer multiple times (as well as asking him in person) but no reply ...there are no notes online and i only have about half of them...never any in ECon undergrad office either...and friends dont have full set of t2 either :-/
Reply 115
Does every department have a football team? I'm thinking i would like to be part of a football team, do some drama maybe and the economic soc..

do societies cost a lot of money, and how many activities can you realistically do without suffering academically?
EierVonSatan
In fact it looks like that's not the case http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/examinations/undergraduate/failing_exam_assessment/

So there are just no summer resits for second years...so it's a take a year out option. That's almost as bad.

I see, thanks. Well I shouldn't fail, but perhaps this piece of news will give me the motivation I need to get on with revision :p:
Reply 117
For those of you who live in accomodation with 30 week lets. Is moving out stuff for the holidays a major pain in the ass? The lockable cupboard seems tiny :frown:
Yes it is a pain. You have to invest a good few hours playing tetris with the cupboard.

On the other hand, there are financial advantages of 30 week lets: AV/JM only costs a few hundred pounds more than Tocil and Rootes yet it's ensuite and run essentially like a hotel and Cryfield is miles cheaper than anywhere else.
Reply 119
I recall from my visit day there were practice rooms for music. They were all being used tho. :emo: How many pianos are there? :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending