The Student Room Group

The Marmite Lovers Society

I cannot believe a society for this does not exist.

As many of you who know me, I am an avid lover of Marmite. Not just even love really. Marmite is a large part of my life, and I'm sure there are others out there like me.

So, would anyone be up for joining this society so we can discuss and share our favourite brown elixir?

Scroll to see replies

Nice one, will follow this!
Reply 2
Marmite :sogood: Marmite is wonderful. Although my marmite supply has ran out :sad:
Yes Yes and Yes.

Pro Tip: Marmite in your bacon buttie is God-like. :yep:

Has anyone tried the extra strong stuff yet?
I've yet to try this but I want to:

Reply 5
Vegemite is quite good.
The advert that got banned because apparantly it scared children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlsBem2JOl0
Reply 7
mikeyd85
Yes Yes and Yes.

Pro Tip: Marmite in your bacon buttie is God-like. :yep:

Has anyone tried the extra strong stuff yet?

I have some Marmite XO in the post RIGHT NOW. Well I'm waiting for it to be dispatched. I will review it when it arrives.

At the moment I have no bread (too poor).

What is everyones favourite marmite-related meal? (other than the basic mainstay of the marmite lover - marmite on toast - of course)

Personally I really like a good boiled egg and soldiers with marmitey soldiers, or marmite and cheese toasties. Roast potatoes basted with a little marmite before cooking are also divine.

Also, does anyone have any Marmite memorabilia? I shall post my small collection shortly.
Marmite looks like sewage. Tastes good though. Suppose thats where the similarities end.
fran.ha
I have some Marmite XO in the post RIGHT NOW. Well I'm waiting for it to be dispatched. I will review it when it arrives.

What is everyones favourite marmite-related meal? (other than the basic mainstay of the marmite lover - marmite on toast - of course)

Nice one! Look forward to reading it.

As for fave Marmite dish - fix half a teaspoon in to your bolognese mix just before you serve. It's lovely. :yep:
The late grandfather of my other half went to Australia a few years ago to visit one of his sons who lived there.
He was asked to take some Marmite.

When he packed it he put it in the middle of his suitcase surronded by clothes.
Well you can imagine what happend, it burst and marmite went everywhere, all on the contents of his suitcase.

Lovely.
Reply 11
Marmite is rather annoying to get out of clothes, I must say.

And bedsheets :sexface:
fran.ha
Marmite is rather annoying to get out of clothes, I must say.

And bedsheets :sexface:

Something entirely innocent no doubt.
Reply 13
Marmite is the best stuff around. You gotta love it!
Reply 14
thunder_chunky
Something entirely innocent no doubt.

Toast in bed?
Reply 15
:sexface:
:woo:
you're all foul
Never :naughty:
Reply 19
Jangrafess
you're all foul