The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview / Acceptance / Rejection Thread 2010

On the eve of Pupillage Portal deadline, I thought the 2010 version of the interview/acceptance/rejection thread should be launched. We can update each other on what we've heard from various Chambers that we've applied to; congratulate each other; console each other; keep track of interviews; share experiences of past years perhaps? Olpas or non-olpas; any problems with the system and volcanic ash; crashes; extended deadlines; whatever......

Good Luck. Hope we all get what we're searching for.

Alma.

Scroll to see replies

I'll join you.

Sent off my OLPAS forms (12). Now need to do some revision!

Did you get interviews last year?
dalianatkinson
I'll join you.

Sent off my OLPAS forms (12). Now need to do some revision!

Did you get interviews last year?

Hi. Yes got mine off too.

I did apply last year. Did you?
AlmaMaterStudiorum
Hi. Yes got mine off too.

I did apply last year. Did you?

No I didn't. I'm a GDLer so this is my first opportunity. (I suppose technically some pupillages were available to me last year).

Just hoping to get some interviews at this early stage.
Not sure I could take another year of Pupillage Portal. I was semi-crazed by the end of it all.

Still trying to work up the motivation to do covering letters and CVs for a couple of the non OLPAS sets with 30 April deadlines.
Reply 5
It says close at 27-April, however I can not apply at 22:00 of 27-April, do they mean office hours?

What's more, FindFixStroke, do you know any Chambers which will take application after 27-April?
barryster
It says close at 27-April, however I can not apply at 22:00 of 27-April, do they mean office hours?

What's more, FindFixStroke, do you know any Chambers which will take application after 27-April?

It closed at 11 AM today. There are lots of sets you can still apply to.

I didn't find OLPAS all that bad, which maybe suggests I didn't stress enough over it. I thought that it would be nigh on impossible to conjure up original answers to most of the questions and thus I kept it short and sweet.
barryster

Pupillage.com lists all the information you need.
FindFixStroke
Not sure I could take another year of Pupillage Portal. I was semi-crazed by the end of it all. .

Me neither. Strange to see at 4am how many aspiring barristers were beavering away with applications. :work:

FindFixStroke
Still trying to work up the motivation to do covering letters and CVs for a couple of the non OLPAS sets with 30 April deadlines.

:yep:
Reply 9
Well my 12 are done and sent, now the waiting game!
When do interviews typically take place?

I've applied to common law sets for the most part.
Oi - who said you could steal my photo AlmaMater!!!???!!!!
:eek: Is that really really you? There are about another 100 TSR members with your picture!!
dalianatkinson
When do interviews typically take place?

I've applied to common law sets for the most part.

Usually between mid May and July. They start really slowly, everyone panics, then woosh. Madness.
Oh are there? Sorry I thought it was one of my pics!!! Must be a standard one. Sorry!! (It's been years since I started using it - I must have forgot!) (No it's not me - I wish!!!!)
LuverlyLawyer
Oh are there? Sorry I thought it was one of my pics!!! Must be a standard one. Sorry!! (It's been years since I started using it - I must have forgot!) (No it's not me - I wish!!!!)

I was going to say is that better? But that could have landed me in hot water. :biggrin: Anyway, I know you will be able to contribute to this thread, (having been there) so I've changed it.. can't have too many posts with the same picture. :cool:

How's baby?
Baby is very good thank you! Getting bigger!!
Out of interest, how soon until people start getting invite to interviews or rejected? I noticed that providers cannot look at applications until 4 May. How long was the wait last year before people started hearing?
Reply 18
It usually varies on the Chambers. I recall from last year that i got my first response in mid may and my last response towards the end of July.

I no the timetable states that providers wont be able to start going through applications until May 4, but im sure there was a message previously saying that dont delay sending your application as Chambers will get to see it as soon as you submit it. contradictory hey..
I've spent a merry morning reading through last year's thread and it seems to me that there was a lot of success at each stage for the TSR population: 1st int, 2nd int, offer.

The question is were all those people absolutely outstanding candidates? I'm genuinely worried I won't get any interviews at all (2:1 Not oxbridge) and yet most people on the thread seemed to have had a good few.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending