The Student Room Group

Physics alternative to practical

Hello all,

I nearly finished my IGCSE BOOK, and it just seems when I look at the past papers, I don't know how to answer it ... because non of the questions are in the book ... it's more likely as experiments and all but I just don't know, I would really need some advices on how to do it and what to study, since my exams are on the 11th.

PS: it seems easy if you have the knowledge but for me I have NO CLUE.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
anybody please !!!

PS: btw Should I start checking revision notes on TSR?? although I didn't understand from the book perfectly.
Reply 2
need heeeeeeelp pls
Reply 3
IG physics paper 6 is easy. It's stuff like reading the number off the ruler, measurements. If you go through all the experiments in your book, for paper 6, you should be fine. :smile:
Reply 4
yeah, but its papers 4 not 6, anyways, I don't know how to answer past papers... although it is experiments but there should be a trick.
Reply 5
Same was the case with me actually! For the life of me I couldn't understand how to solve P4.

But the trick is to just start solving...consult the marking scheme every time you get stuck. Slowly the pattern will start to make sense. Hope that helped.
Reply 6
Any link for the marking scheme?
Reply 7
d.luffy
Any link for the marking scheme?

What's your exam board? CIE?
Reply 8
d.luffy
yeah, but its papers 4 not 6, anyways, I don't know how to answer past papers... although it is experiments but there should be a trick.

Edexcel? Cause I'm pretty sure CIE is 6..
Reply 9
unamed
Edexcel? Cause I'm pretty sure CIE is 6..

I did O Level... with CIE. ATP was paper 4. :/
Reply 10
O level Igcse
Reply 12
Marking schemes are the answers right?
Reply 13
d.luffy
Marking schemes are the answers right?

yes dear.:yep:
Reply 15
Original post by samydude
Kudos !

Well I appreciate the efforts and thanks,

I seem to recall this was a little while and when I had no clue, right now I seem to become better at it due to my private tutor, and when I read this post I didn't seem to recall it was me :biggrin:

Anyways this thread is solved. Thanks
It was paper 6 btw.

Quick Reply

Latest