The Student Room Group

Do men have lower standards..

when it comes to judging female attractiveness?

I've noticed allot of my friends are drooling over women (real and celebrity:wink: ) that i'd consider to be average looking at best.

Seriously maybe its just me but it seems like average looking girls get away with a hell of allot more than an average looking man would especially when they put a bit of makeup on. Anyone else feel like this? :s-smilie:

I'm definitely not shallow by the way its just something i've noticed :smile:

Scroll to see replies

It's called busting your nut. Some of us get cravings to do it at any expense of dignity or self respect. You'll learn one day.
Yup. Constantly have to settle for 7-8's.
i don't have lower standards. if i don't feel much for her, it's an HIV/baby/other STI/gossip risk that I'm not desperate enough to take
Reply 4
An average girl is an attractive one for the sole reason she is not ugly.

You need to lower your standards if you're calling average girls ugly. Average girls are the best type of girl.
i'll stare at anything with tits but it's not often a girl/woman's looks actually impress me.
Reply 6
Standards are overrated
Broderss

You need to lower your standards if you're calling average girls ugly. Average girls are the best type of girl.

QFT.
Reply 8
Define lower standards? I mean surely it's a relative concept and I wouldn't say it's possible to generalize a standard. I would say however that men and women both have the extreme groups of people some of which have quite low standards in relation to the norm and others which have higher standards. But again I would argue that standards are a relative thing.
Not really I don't think; I don't need to find a girl insanely hot to be attracted to her physically. As long as all the bits are in the right places and she looks nice enough my penis probably won't object to being inside of her.
If men had lower standards, then why are hot women never single?

Besides women have really low standards. For most women 3 Bacardi breezers + a hard on = Love. Or something less cynical.
So girls go for a 'lesser' guy it's because she's not shallow, but when a guy does the same it's because he has no standards?
Svenjamin
So girls go for a 'lesser' guy it's because she's not shallow, but when a guy does the same it's because he has no standards?

Yeah, didn't you get the memo?
Reply 13
Broderss

I never said average girls are ugly i just think in general an average mans standard of what a hot girl is would be lower than what a girls standard of what a hot man is. Simples.

Don't get me wrong i can be attracted to average looking girls im just not drooling over them like most of my friends are. But now that i think of it most of my male friends are ugly haha :biggrin:
Svenjamin

Usually, it's because they feel sorry for the guy: he has acted "nice" to them, and they think "oh he's such a nice guy. it's not fair that he doesn't get any."
How attractive we personally find someone does not always match up with how attractive they are generally viewed as being. So if I liked a guy who most people would consider average, I wouldn't be 'settling' or going for them out of pity or as to not look shallow - it would be because I genuinely found them really attractive. Just as I might find a guy not very attractive at all, even if the general consensus is that he is hot stuff. When it comes to 'shallowness', it would be so stupid to not go for a guy who is very good-looking because you were scared you'd look shallow. Looks are completely subjective anyway, which makes this post kind of invalid... oh well. You get my gist.
haha yea men are pathetic just go for anything that walks. Unfortunately it's not the same for girls :s that's why we try to make up for it with money, humor, pick-up lines and whatnot
Standards have progressively slipped with age. Perhaps it was just the harsh realisation I was punching above my weight.
LittleBill
Standards have progressively slipped with age. Perhaps it was just the harsh realisation I was punching above my weight.

Mathematicians are known to be horrendously boring, and if you aren't *insert contemporary hot male celeb* then you don't have much to offer the women.
Reply 19
Women have lower standars on the whole imo. An ugly to average guy can easily pull a model looking girl but it's pretty hard for an ugly girl to get a really good looking guy. Desperate guys tend to have no standards though.

Latest

Trending

Trending