The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Rossical
yeahhh he has...
but then again, we are gay, so i doubt we screamm masculinity anyway ;P

same story for me :p: :woo:
Reply 41
To be honest, from you crying at the prospect of you two almost splitting up at least shows you care! (otherwise you wouldnt be so upset) My boyfriends cried infront of me before, when we had this argument and i just got upset and then so did he. I would say that I am one of these girls who likes my bf to express himself to me, we are so close than nothing like that makes me think he is weak (we're all only human after all, we all have weakness -its nothing to be ashamed of) the guys who are all macho and won't cry are more weak- whereas the ones who do cry are more brave for being emotionally open - in my opinion anyway. I wouldn't say you've put your gf off you at all, if anything she most likely just thinks its sweet :smile:
Yes, but it was because I was breaking up with him. Made me feel like Satan. I'm sure he's fine now though, last I heard he's engaged so yeah, life goes on.
Reply 43
Yes/yes/yes.
Don't be ashamed, just don't do it every time you see her, or after sex..
Anonymous
i'd cry in front of my gf..why not? am human, i hav emotions..its natural to release sum thru cryin. We try nt to make each other sad..ups n dwns happen bt nuffin we cant manage. Our relationship is stronger than petty issues wich wud cause either one of us grief. At the end of the day..shes my gf..the most important n special girl in my life. Id cry everyday if it meant she realised hw much i love her. Am lucky to hav her :smile: ..awww bless her xx

Aww bless you. This is said with me ignoring your grammer :biggrin:
Twice.
Once on our first yearly anniversary, I made him a scrap book of all the tickets and photos etc, and he said he could never make anything as good as that... plus the present he got me broke so he was feeling bad :/
Secondly, he had been so horrible to me when he first came to uni, that I ended it with him and he started crying saying how sorry he was... we sorted it, and have never been better! :biggrin:
Aww, I'd find it cute that he cared that much :smile:
Reply 47
Anonymous
Last night for the first time in a VERY long time (~6 hours) I cried...in front of my girlfriend because we were having an argument and she started crying and then it seemed as if we were about to break up so then I started to cry.

At the time obviously I didn't care how it came across it was just in the moment, but this today I keep thinking back and feel so embarassed and regret crying in front of her. I've always been the one that's composed and stayed strong during the bad times so I'm always the shoulder for her to cry on, never the other way around and it felt really unusual and weird.

I guess I also didn't like being so emotionally vulnerable and hostile, almost as if it was a moment of weakness. I'm not the type of guy that keeps a macho male bravado but I just never give in to my emotions and I haven't cried for anything, in front of anybody in the last 6-7 years!

So my question to the girls is, has your boyfriend ever cried in front of you? what was the reason? do you find it acceptable for him to or does it put you off if he's this emotionally expressive? Some girls love the idea of their boyfriends openly letting everything out to them, trusting them with the emotions they wouldn't show anybody else...but others can find it pathetic and think the guy's just weak.

Some stuff was going on at home with my boyfriend a while ago, and I really wasn't expecting it, but I gave him a hug and he cried for a while. It shocked me, but it didn't make me think any less of him, possibly more because he was comfortable enough to let himself go. Don't worry!
LOL What a bunch of pussies.

Joking., I don't know if I'd cry. Depending on what happened. If it was an argument, I wouldn't cry. If she nearly died or a family member died - then it's ok. Though i'd never cry over the phone, unless things were seriously bad. It's ok to cry though :biggrin:
Yeah, he cried when he was telling me about finding out his ex girlfriend had been cheating on him. I felt awful for him, i don't think I could ever cheat on someone after hearing what he went through.

On a more awkward note he also cried when his pet hamster died (my bf is in his late twenties!)... he lost a few man points there! But it is quite sweet looking back awww!
Reply 50
kitty09
To be honest, from you crying at the prospect of you two almost splitting up at least shows you care! (otherwise you wouldnt be so upset) My boyfriends cried infront of me before, when we had this argument and i just got upset and then so did he. I would say that I am one of these girls who likes my bf to express himself to me, we are so close than nothing like that makes me think he is weak (we're all only human after all, we all have weakness -its nothing to be ashamed of) the guys who are all macho and won't cry are more weak- whereas the ones who do cry are more brave for being emotionally open - in my opinion anyway. I wouldn't say you've put your gf off you at all, if anything she most likely just thinks its sweet :smile:

Female logic :lol:
Yeah. It's heartbreaking to be honest, when you're used to seeing people act so strong.
I don't think its anything to be ashamed of if the reasons are valid.
You crying over something you felt passionate about (your relationship) showed you care.

My boyfriend in over a year and a half has cried in front of me only once, and it was the sweetest thing in the world. He cried at the end of the Notebook. At first i honestly thought he was being a wimp and he was fast losing man points, but it turned out his grandma who brought him up died with dementure, and when he went to see her in the hospital, he couldn't remember who he was. I felt so bad for making him watch the film then!!
Reply 53
Anonymous
Last night for the first time in a VERY long time (~6 hours) I cried...in front of my girlfriend because we were having an argument and she started crying and then it seemed as if we were about to break up so then I started to cry.

At the time obviously I didn't care how it came across it was just in the moment, but this today I keep thinking back and feel so embarassed and regret crying in front of her. I've always been the one that's composed and stayed strong during the bad times so I'm always the shoulder for her to cry on, never the other way around and it felt really unusual and weird.

I guess I also didn't like being so emotionally vulnerable and hostile, almost as if it was a moment of weakness. I'm not the type of guy that keeps a macho male bravado but I just never give in to my emotions and I haven't cried for anything, in front of anybody in the last 6-7 years!

So my question to the girls is, has your boyfriend ever cried in front of you? what was the reason? do you find it acceptable for him to or does it put you off if he's this emotionally expressive? Some girls love the idea of their boyfriends openly letting everything out to them, trusting them with the emotions they wouldn't show anybody else...but others can find it pathetic and think the guy's just weak.

My boyfriend has cried in front of me before, not because of a loss in his family. A past boyfriend would always cry during sad movies parts and etc. I don't mind it if a man cries, I think it sweet and personally I think it takes a real man to cry in front of his gf/wife or what have you. In my book your not weak at ALL just a sweat soul. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Yes. It was a bit scary tbh. In certain situations like a death I understand...but when your openly crying FOR someone INFRONT of them, well it makes it hard for that person to respect you. Yes, they pity you, but don't respect...

This.

OP you're a pussy. How are you going to cry over a girl for something so silly? The best thing for you to do now is kill yourself.
Callipygian
My boyfriend has cried in front of me loads of times, when hes stressed about things etc he will cry, oh and during movies

What a baby. And you call him a man?
Reply 56
Southwesttwo
This.

OP you're a pussy. How are you going to cry over a girl for something so silly? The best thing for you to do now is kill yourself.

Thats a bit harsh. Have you never cried in front of GF before?
Reply 57
My boyfriend cried when one of his mates from school got stabbed and died...it was strange, only because normally he's not emotional AT ALL, as in, in the almost three years we've been together, that's the only time he's cried.

I think a guy crying is no big deal at all, and I felt kind of honoured (wrong word but I can't think of a better one) that he felt comfortable enough to cry in front of me, because he is abit emotionally stunted.
I'd only be bothered if a guy cried all the time at anything and everything, like missing a bus. So OP, don't be embarrassed!
Reply 58
Who are all these guys crying when they get dumped? Srsly.
Reply 59
Southwesttwo
What a baby. And you call him a man?

Why would you attack him for showing his feelings. Goodness men can be SO stupid sometimes.

Latest

Trending

Trending