The Student Room Group

Questions about loans for NON EU/UK students

Hi,

I'm in quite a difficult position. I live in the netherlands, allmost 5 years now (South African passport). University is expensive, and Im pretty sure I can get a loan to study at a Dutch university, but my Dutch isnt perfect and the course I want to study (actuary) is available at a few UK universities. My question is if its possible for a non EU/UK resident to get a loan for uni, I need more or less a full loan which I will be happy to pay back once Im done uni. What complicates my situation is that I am going to apply to be a dutch resident soon (as soon as i'v lived here for 5 years, but it will take about a year to process) so after that I become a EU resident. Does anyone know if banks, etc. give out loans?

Thanks, Nick
Reply 1
nickk
Hi,

I'm in quite a difficult position. I live in the netherlands, allmost 5 years now (South African passport). University is expensive, and Im pretty sure I can get a loan to study at a Dutch university, but my Dutch isnt perfect and the course I want to study (actuary) is available at a few UK universities. My question is if its possible for a non EU/UK resident to get a loan for uni, I need more or less a full loan which I will be happy to pay back once Im done uni. What complicates my situation is that I am going to apply to be a dutch resident soon (as soon as i'v lived here for 5 years, but it will take about a year to process) so after that I become a EU resident. Does anyone know if banks, etc. give out loans?

Thanks, Nick

I'm in a similar situation. Aussie with British citizenship but not lived here long enough to get LEA funding.

I would recommend you approach banks, etc. with projections of earnings for the year you graduate in the field you wish to go into.

After you become an EU citizen, you may be able to apply for finance through the usualy channels
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply,

Im doing the IB system, and the problem is that my transscript isnt that great (i never failed much, but then again didnt get very high grades aswell), allthough this year (final year of highschool - IB2) I have quite good grades, 33 points. How should I go about approaching banks, I have never done this before, any tips would be appreciated
Reply 3
Hello,

I am accepted recently to ROYAL ACADEMY OF MUSIC in London. I am a kosovar citizen (non-EU). I have to pay full-tuition (+living:30.000€ per year).. I had to make my 25% deposit payment, but I couldn't make it. And the deadline now has expired. But a friend of mine told me I could be better if I not give up still, and try to apply for loans.

I would appreciate a lot if someone could give me hand in this issue. Or if there's any other solutions, please contact me.

Thanks a lot,

MENNAN
Reply 4
Mennan
Hello,

I am accepted recently to ROYAL ACADEMY OF MUSIC in London. I am a kosovar citizen (non-EU). I have to pay full-tuition (+living:30.000€ per year).. I had to make my 25% deposit payment, but I couldn't make it. And the deadline now has expired. But a friend of mine told me I could be better if I not give up still, and try to apply for loans.

I would appreciate a lot if someone could give me hand in this issue. Or if there's any other solutions, please contact me.

Thanks a lot,

MENNAN

Firstly this thread is over 4 years old, so I doubt anyone here would be in a position to help you.

You wouldn't be able to get a student loan here, or even a commercial loan from a bank here.

It suggest you look to see if the university have an international scholarship, or if you own government will help you, or a commercial bank in your country will give you a loan.
Reply 5
Hi well I go accepted at a top university in england and planning to migrate there in a few days, However scholarships for international undergrad students are difficult to come by so I'm wondering If it is possible to get a student loan. I know the 3 years prior to the start of your course takes precedence but is there any bank or company willing to help my cause.
Reply 6
please check thread date before posting. Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending