The Student Room Group

Due to popular demand, AQA Chemistry revision notes (AS and A2).

Maybe you people will stop bugging me by PM now :p: These notes got me my >90% in AS chem, as well as helping my entire year and a lot of TSR'ians last year. Enjoy, because I'm sharing with you again.

Download from source: http://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/

Remember, units 3 and 6 are the ISA - so there aren't notes for them (see FAQs below).

If you appreciate them, please drop a comment on the download page and share them via the social media outlet of your choice.

I also recommend staying for the blog on the home page; it's a good read.

FAQs

There aren't any ISA notes in here!
The ISAs don't actually have any new material in them. They're just experiments based on the other two modules. So just find out what topic it's on and revise that from the notes of the relevant section. ISAs also vary from year to year and school to school, so compiling a complete set of notes on them would be very difficult and slightly pointless!

Do you have notes for OCR/Edexcel?
Yes! The fantastic Mr Goalby now has OCR and Edexcel revision guides on his site.

Do you have notes for Biology/Physics?
Again, nope, sorry. These notes are courtesy of my chemistry teacher, we didn't have anything similar for Physics and I did not take Biology.

How do you/should I revise?
Take these notes, read through them a few times, and make your own notes from them. Don't bother writing down anything that you find easy and know like the back of your hand; it makes the notes a lot more condensed and tailors them to you (as well as helping to reinforce/remember it as you write). I then read over the new notes a few times, and start doing past papers - the first few I check my notes during if I can't answer a question, or am not 90%+ sure of the answer. When I can do most of the paper confidently I start doing them without notes and marking them afterwards. Note that I find this method particularly effective, but everyone is different.

What about using the textbook as well?
I personally did not use the textbook. If there's a particular section of the notes you don't understand, or think could be expanded on, that is when I would resort to using the textbook. The textbook is very wordy, contains a lot of superfluous information and is generally why revising would take so damn long. These notes tell you exactly what you need to know to answer the questions on the exam paper (because they are actually pretty much the same year-in, year-out).

.zip files! Aargh! What do I do?
Windows should be able to open .zip files by default, just right click it and it should say "Extract here" or something similar. Failing that, download winRAR and press OK until it installs, then right click it and press extract here. Then there'll be a folder for each module, and in that a .pdf file for each topic. Those will open with Adobe Acrobat.

How do I view .pdf files?
You'll need Adobe Reader (or an alternative like FoxIt Reader) to view .pdf files.
Download Adobe Reader here.
Download Foxit Reader here.

Please remember to +1 this and reply with a quick "thanks"; it keeps this topic alive for others to see and use!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

JakeyTheSnake
Maybe you people will stop bugging me by PM now :p:

AS modules 1 and 2 (3 is the ISA):
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/20/1096740/ASchemAQA.zip

A2 modules 4 and 5 (6 is the ISA):
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/20/1096740/AQAchemA2.zip

Uploaded because there's a 500KB forum limit on .zip files.

did you make these notes yourself?
Some excellent revision notes there :smile:
Reply 3
Do you have any TSA notes?
Reply 4
Aeon Prince
did you make these notes yourself?

My chemistry teacher, Mr Goalby made them. As long as the copyright stays on the bottom of the .pdf file, they can be freely distributed.

popman
Do you have any TSA notes?

TSA as in the Cambridge TSA?
JakeyTheSnake
My chemistry teacher, Mr Goalby made them. As long as the copyright stays on the bottom of the .pdf file, they can be freely distributed.

do you know if he made them to the specification ? like did he cut the useles crap out of the revision guides that we dont need? =[
Reply 6
I'm gonna remove the copyright sign... Yes, I'm a millionaire, wait till my mum finds out!!
Reply 7
Aeon Prince
do you know if he made them to the specification ? like did he cut the useles crap out of the revision guides that we dont need? =[

He did indeed.

chipsnfish
I'm gonna remove the copyright sign... Yes, I'm a millionaire, wait till my mum finds out!!

You ******* :p:

(is unsure of TSR expletive policy)
Reply 8
you go to bancrofts? played hockey there a few times
Reply 9
JakeyTheSnake
(is unsure of TSR expletive policy)

Type normally, words are censored by a computer when you post.

Bastard is actually allowed...
Looks good, I'm Edexcel but the content looks pretty similar. Thanks. :smile:
JakeyTheSnake
He did indeed.

Oh cool so isit fair to say that I should just try and memorise all of them notes for module 5? =[
Reply 12
Awesome. Thanks :]
Reply 13
JakeyTheSnake

TSA as in the Cambridge TSA?

Woops, I meant the two ISA exams for chemistry. :p:
Wow these are fantastic. I'm doing OCR but some topics are identical so i'm updating the notes i made with extra things :smile:

Thankyou
Thanks.
@Aeon, everything on these could come up in the exam, so yes I'd learn it all :smile: of course some stuff won't, they can't fit everything in the exam.

popman
Woops, I meant the two ISA exams for chemistry. :p:

The ISAs differ year from year I believe (in the details), really you just have to know the topic(s) that are covered in the test (ask your teacher) and revise them, seeing as they're part of the other two modules :wink:
Reply 17
Wow, those are honestly brilliant. +Rep
I'm doing edexcel...but these are pretty much identical to the stuff we need to know....and they are brilliant...I just hope that you had uploaded them earlier :biggrin:
You just got robbed!!!

wait what...

Quick Reply

Latest