The Student Room Group

Probrem in the Kitchen

Okay, I live with six other people, when I moved in two of them were Chinese. They already both spent about two hours a day each in the kitchen making crazy food - there's always a bowl of weird smelling and/or looking **** lying around in the kitchen. Now three more have moved in and there is always some little Chinese person scurrying around the kitchen. Seriously, always, sometimes more - there are three in there right now. It's pissing me off. Whenever I want to stick a pizza in the oven there's always something like fried dogs' balls soup or mushed lentils in there. They also all speak Chinese together, even when non-Chinese are in the room, and it's making me paranoid.

Should I say something?

Scroll to see replies

If any of them are female, feed them your egg roll and dumplings.
LOL My kitchen is quite similar. They sometimes leave it quite a mess. :dry:

It is a sirirous probrem.
Reply 3
Notker
Okay, I live with six other people, when I moved in two of them were Chinese. They already both spent about two hours a day each in the kitchen making crazy food - there's always a bowl of weird smelling and/or looking **** lying around in the kitchen. Now three more have moved in and there is always some little Chinese person scurrying around the kitchen. Seriously, always, sometimes more - there are three in there right now. It's pissing me off. Whenever I want to stick a pizza in the oven there's always something like fried dogs' balls soup or mushed lentils in there. They also all speak Chinese together, even when non-Chinese are in the room, and it's making me paranoid.

Should I say something?

Why don't you just tell them if there bothering you so much....
JUST TELL EM WILL YA! :yes:
Reply 4
-Big_Dick_Johnson-
If any of them are female, feed them your egg roll and dumplings.

Four females, one male. None of them are hot, one is actually about 60 years old.
Reply 5
sat: "Ni-Hao"
Reply 6
LOL

Befriend them and get your chinese food game on
Reply 7
Why bother cooking? Just go in and ask for a number 34 and a number 99. Mmmmm, takeaway roulette.
Why don't you move if it bothers you
Reply 9
I would get friendly with them, and eat their food.
Reply 10
That is a very bad probrem you have there. My flatmate is Chinese and she told me how all her clothes were made by her grandmother. Then I told her she probably made most of mine too. This didn't go down well. I suggest you give this a try!
Reply 11
They're conspiring to cook you.
Reply 12
Indieboohoo
Why don't you move if it bothers you

I like the place. It's only about £280 rent a month (which in Oslo is ridiculously cheap). My friend lives with me (in a different room; we aren't bummers). It's next to a bus stop and no more than a five minute walk to the train stop. A supermarket is literally fifty meters away. It's only ten minutes away from a great ski course, the city centre and the university.

Emy8643
Why don't you just tell them if there bothering you so much....
JUST TELL EM WILL YA! :yes:

I don't want to make them feel bad. They can barely speak Engrish and their Norwegian is non-existant, so whether they'd even understand me is debatable. That and I don't want them to summon the ghosts of their ancestors to kill me.
I just love how this thread is called 'probrem', and it's about chinese people.
Reply 14
Notker
I don't want to make them feel bad. They can barely speak Engrish and their Norwegian is non-existant, so whether they'd even understand me is debatable.

:hmmmm: Get a translator. (:p: )
Hint it to them by taking their food out of the microwave and put it outside.
I really have no idea :dontknow:
Broderss
That is a very bad probrem you have there. My flatmate is Chinese and she told me how all her clothes were made by her grandmother. Then I told her she probably made most of mine too. This didn't go down well. I suggest you give this a try!

HAHA!
I actually feel your pain. I had two Chinese flatmates who would make a huge pot of something, and then leave it to go mouldy on the windowsill for at least a fortnight. Then there was the week where they chopped up loads of vegetables, and just left them to supperate on the kithen work surface so you couldn't move for mouldy veg.

Ugh.

Just leave them a note. They can probably work that out rather than shouting at them...
Reply 17
psychocustard
I actually feel your pain. I had two Chinese flatmates who would make a huge pot of something, and then leave it to go mouldy on the windowsill for at least a fortnight. Then there was the week where they chopped up loads of vegetables, and just left them to supperate on the kithen work surface so you couldn't move for mouldy veg.

Ugh.

Just leave them a note. They can probably work that out rather than shouting at them...

Rotting!? Gross. That hasn't happened yet and I hope it wont. I call the landlord if it did.

A note would be a decent idea except they aren't really doing anything explicitly wrong.
Reply 18
ciarasimpson
I just love how this thread is called 'probrem', and it's about chinese people.

Is vely vely big probrem have Chinese peopres in kitchen all time, no ret you cook food and hog arr the rentirs and lice, is vely flustlating
Kyta
Is vely vely big probrem have Chinese peopres in kitchen all time, no ret you cook food and hog arr the rentirs and lice, is vely flustlating

this vely funny, i lepped you it make me raugh sooo much

Latest

Trending

Trending