The Student Room Group

The Football League Thread

Since anything outside of the Premiership gets overlooked in the Ultimate Football Thread, I thought I'd create one for all you non-Premiership followers - I know there's a lot of you out there.

So post what you like in here, as long as you don't mention the P-word. Anybody found referring to Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd shall be hunted down and eaten (unless they get put out of the cup by a League team :biggrin:). So er, yeah. How's your team doing? Good players to watch out for who may be gracing a higher level soon? Put it all in here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start off by thinking "bloody hell". Gary Taylor-Fletcher, who we released at the end of last season has just scored a hat-trick for Huddersfield, a team in a higher division than us...
Oh well, we've got Gary Birch now instead, who seems to be banging them in left, right and centre.
Reply 2
Try Lee Steele and Andy Scott that we let go last year to Leyton Orient?

Steele got 16 league goals i think and Scott 12.

Our top scorer was mooney with 14 i think. The other strikers got about 10 between them...
Reply 3
But the most important point is: Lincoln suck. soon they will plummet to the bottom of the league and oxford will rise to the top and be in the premiership in 3 years time just as happened in my football manager game!
Reply 4
Gexko
But the most important point is: Lincoln suck. soon they will plummet to the bottom of the league and oxford will rise to the top and be in the premiership in 3 years time just as happened in my football manager game!

:biggrin: Wishful thinking, methinks. Still bitter over our 2-1 defeat, nay, trouncing of you? :wink:
Reply 5
certainly not.

my lincoln bashing (not a euphemism) is entirely based upon objective fact!

no bias at all...

this thread is just gonna be us two talking about lincoln vs oxford again isnt it?
Reply 6
Gexko
certainly not.

my lincoln bashing (not a euphemism) is entirely based upon objective fact!

no bias at all...

this thread is just gonna be us two talking about lincoln vs oxford again isnt it?

Quite probably, although there are a few others about who support lower league teams. I know Kingslaw supports Stockport. Poor guy.
Reply 7
lol. we're gonna own them on saturday (*prays*). :pwnd:

gonna drag a mate along whos never been to a footy match before so we better win. have brought 2 mates before and they won their first matches, so its a practical certaintly we'll win :smile: although mike is a bit of a screw up....

oh yeah, i managed to predict the 2 matches i bet on in vbookie correct tonight :smile:

makes up in part for the 3 i got wrong last night and all the money ive lost on F1 :frown:
Reply 8
First of all, read the entry for Torquay here. Then look at the Third Division table (hint: they're not first). It would be funny if I didn't support them.

It's very frustrating. In our last game we conceded three goals in the last 16 minutes to lose 3-2! :argh:
Reply 9
And we beat you 1-0 :rofl:

We didnt even play well :smile:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is by no means a Torquay special. Ask El Pollo Diablo after his scummy lincoln somehow managed to beat us 2-1 after we scored in the 2nd minute and then dominated the whole match....
Reply 10
I have always had a heart for Barnet FC barring Arsenal & my home club were I was bought up - Borehamwood FC!

I was so dissapointed to see Barnet play Carlisle so early on in the season after last seasons dramas. But thats like the Arsenal Chelsea game.
Great that they beat them though and there top of the league :biggrin:

Stockport - OUCH! Theres only one Carlton Palmer!
Reply 11
Barnet :eek:
Reply 12
Whats wrong with Barnet! Coming for you Mr Lincoln to wipe that pretty ar.se of yours :biggrin:

Edit: OoOHPS
Reply 13
Actually i'm Mr Oxford :p:
Reply 14
Well Mr Oxford - who's incidentally below Mr Lincoln, we'll be coming for your ar.se soon!
Bring on Saturday 1st October at the Underhill :p:
Reply 15
Underhill, sounds like Bilbo Baggins' House :p:

2-0 Oxford 1st October then :biggrin:

Also Lincoln are ahead of us because of the truly brilliant reason that their name starts with L and ours O :p:
Reply 16
Both 5 points adrift of Branet lol.

Underhills a lovely stadium, when your viewing it from the other side of Barnet!
I hold no secret that Barnet stadium is a crap hole, but the name is fine!
It is actually on a hill, with one side of the pitch going under lol.
Reply 17
Who have you played so far?

We have had Grimsby away, Torquay and Wycombe at home and Lincoln away. All very difficult fixtures, so I'm not too worried about where we are at the moment.

Having said that, I am extremely worried about our squad size, we only have about 5/6 first team defenders and 3 strikers, and now 2 of the defenders are injured :frown:
Reply 18
Orient 2nd in the table :smile: hopefully we'll finish higher this season than the last! we're not all the consistent to be honest, which is our problem..
Reply 19
AmyO
Orient 2nd in the table :smile: hopefully we'll finish higher this season than the last! we're not all the consistent to be honest, which is our problem..

Ah, the team who took our crappy players and made them gods...

(steele and scott)

Methinks you'll be returning to mid table soon enough :p:

Latest