The Student Room Group

Girls who give out their number/go on a date with you even though they've got a bf

I have a question for girls with bfs here.

Over the years, I've gotten my fair share of phone numbers, kisses and dates with girls who have got bfs. And the thing is, I didn't even know they had bfs until much later down the line; they always tried to hide the fact they had a bf from me at the beginning.

In your view, why do girls with bfs do this?

I actually think a girl having a bf is no reason to stop pursuing her. If a girl was totally happy with her bf, she wouldn't be hanging out with me. If a girl is willing to do stuff with a guy she's just met (i.e. me), she can't be happy with her bf, in which case it's fair game to pursue her like I would any other girl I like.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Neil_K

Over the years, I've gotten my fair share of phone numbers, kisses and dates with girls who have got bfs. And the thing is, I didn't even know they had bfs until much later down the line; they always tried to hide the fact they had a bf from me at the beginning.

I actually think a girl having a bf is no reason to stop pursuing her. If a girl was totally happy with her bf, she wouldn't be hanging out with me. If a girl is willing to do stuff with a guy she's just met (i.e. me), she can't be happy with her bf, in which case it's fair game to pursue her like I would any other girl I like.

Hi Neil :ahee:
Reply 2
Zinfandel
Hi Neil :ahee:

Be nice to me tonight, lol.
Reply 3
Neil_K
Be nice to me tonight, lol.

Oh go on then.

I disagree, I'd never pursue a female who had a boyfriend. Mostly because it's more hassle than it's worth.

There you go, that was nice!
Reply 4
Zinfandel
Oh go on then.

I disagree, I'd never pursue a female who had a boyfriend. Mostly because it's more hassle than it's worth.

There you go, that was nice!

Well thank you

I do agree it can be more hassle than it's worth, especially if later down the line you get an angry boyfriend on the phone to you etc (as has happened with me before).

But if a girl doesn't mention having a bf even though she has one, or if she shows interest in you even though she also tells you she has a bf, what would you do?

Those are scenarios where there is no cut and dry answer, it's down to the individual to decide what their own moral code is I guess.
Reply 5
Neil_K

- Unhappy with their relationships
- Want more attention
- Like the thrill of the chase

Off the top of my head. :smile:
Reply 6
Neil_K
Well thank you

I do agree it can be more hassle than it's worth, especially if later down the line you get an angry boyfriend on the phone to you etc (as has happened with me before).

But if a girl doesn't mention having a bf even though she has one, or if she shows interest in you even though she also tells you she has a bf, what would you do?

Those are scenarios where there is no cut and dry answer, it's down to the individual to decide what their own moral code is I guess.

I generally find women more hassle than they're worth to be honest, but that's another story altogether and oddly, the reason why I pull, but that's also another story.

Personally I think that's not enough to go on. What's more important is how she acts on going. I realise it's perfectly possible to fall for someone else whilst in a relationship, but how she acts in that moment (IE, does she cheat, does she refuse to do anything until she breaks up with him etc) tells me enough. I would never, ever date someone who cheated on their boyfriend (with me that is).
Reply 7

I have a friend who did this before, and it didn't end well, haha. Havent seen her repeating that mistake again! lol
Reply 8
They just shop around to check if they got a boyfriend up to par
Reply 9
Zinfandel
I generally find women more hassle than they're worth to be honest, but that's another story altogether and oddly, the reason why I pull, but that's also another story.

It's because you act non-needy and not desperate; women want what they can't have.

I would never, ever date someone who cheated on their boyfriend (with me that is).

That's a good point, because if a girl is willing to cheat on her bf with you, then it means she's dishonest, can't be trusted, and also disrespects her bf....and if she can do that to him, then she could do that to you later down the line.
Neil_K
It's because you act non-needy and not desperate; women want what they can't have.

That's a good point, because if a girl is willing to cheat on her bf with you, then it means she's dishonest, can't be trusted, and also disrespects her bf....and if she can do that to him, then she could do that to you later down the line.

Yup, I have never once in my life gone out with the intention of pulling, nor have I ever begun a conversation with a girl with the intention of getting in her pants. As a result I've probably had far, far more sex than I would have otherwise.

And yes, if they cheated on their ex it would always be on my mind that they'd cheat on me too. I firmly believe in once a cheater, always a cheater.
Could may well be that they aren't happy with their boyfriend.

...OR, could be that they're just slags.

Usually it's the latter, because if they were unhappy with the relationship they wouldn't be in them.
Reply 12
Same reason guys do? If you can't work it out then you'll be a virgin for ever.

/thread

Reply 13
I've given my number to guys at work when I had a boyfriend but that's different, because it was platonic. Generally, I'd say you've hit the nail on the head, the only reason would be because they are unhappy in their current relationship and are persuing other people while they were meant to be committed. Basically, if you want more than a bit of fun avoid that type of girl.
clearly they're not too happy with their current bf...
Just bang them dude...if there talking to you/giving you their number then their man isn't delivering the goods and she's probably gonna chuck him anyway.....just get with them dude, who gives a ****.
Reply 16
If she's got a bf and doesn't tell you about him, then she wants your cock.
Reply 17
Cheers for the replies, the thing that gets to me most is if a girl has a bf but she doesn't tell me AND she wastes my time. But fortunately I've learned to weed out those types now. The whole 'I've got a boyfriend' thing can mean so many different things.
Reply 18
As soon as a guy approaches me i tell him i have a boyfriend and he can dance with me if he wants but no funny bussiness and nothing's gonna happen with me so they might as well find someone else
Weirdly they still try it after i've said that, and if they do then i quickly find my friends again :smile:
Tbf i'm not exactly 100% happy with my boyfriend but i'd still never cheat on him, getting attention from other guys is nice but i don't waste their time, if they choose to waste it on me then fair enough but they get plenty of warning :smile:
Reply 19
The only reason, as others have said, is because she's unhappy in her current relationship.

Good on you for not wanting to get involved with a girl who's in a relationship though :smile:

Latest