The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have done every past paper available. Slightly boring, but the same stuff comes up year after year.

I'm not worried at all for the exam, since the stuff is repeated and some of it is just common sense.

I reckon something about GUIs and interface systems will come up, as well as input/output and most likely the usual question with boxes with descriptions and you have to choose form a list the word for them. EG Data logging, MICR, OMR ect
Out of interest, if you got an A* in the coursework, what grade will you need in the exam to get an A* overall?
Reply 3
im so academic
Out of interest, if you got an A* in the coursework, what grade will you need in the exam to get an A* overall?

I am not sure but you could probably get an A in the exam and an A* overall if you had A* coursework. I know the exam is 40% of the grade and the coursework is 60%.
lizzay
I am not sure but you could probably get an A in the exam and an A* overall if you had A* coursework. I know the exam is 40% of the grade and the coursework is 60%.

Really? I thought it was 70% coursework and 30% exam. :s-smilie:

Thanks anyways.

Are the grade boundaries low for an A in the exam? Percentage-wise?
Reply 5
im so academic
Really? I thought it was 70% coursework and 30% exam. :s-smilie:

Thanks anyways.

Are the grade boundaries low for an A in the exam? Percentage-wise?

I am not sure, I can't seem to find them. Hopefully they are. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
yeah i got the same exam :
done alll the past papers in class and most of the same things come up each yearr - not really worried tbh , got a solid A in the coursework 20 marks of an A* and got an A in the mock so :smile:
Reply 7
RyanKirwan
yeah i got the same exam :
done alll the past papers in class and most of the same things come up each yearr - not really worried tbh , got a solid A in the coursework 20 marks of an A* and got an A in the mock so :smile:

I got an A in the year 10 mock then a C in the year 11 one [one mark off a B]. I think the school put together our year 10 mock though because there was none of the database stuff that comes up every year. This is why I went down so much, I knew nothing about databases at the time of the year 11 one lol, and it was 30 - 40% of the exam.

I love how the same things come up again and again.

I did not get to find out my exact coursework grade [this goes for my everyone in my class that got A/A*. It is annoying but I think my teacher just doesn't want to get up the hopes of the A* people lol. Do you know the grade boundaries for the coursework?

If anyone is interested I think the notes on this site are quite good.
Reply 8
lizzay
I got an A in the year 10 mock then a C in the year 11 one [one mark off a B]. I think the school put together our year 10 mock though because there was none of the database stuff that comes up every year. This is why I went down so much, I knew nothing about databases at the time of the year 11 one lol, and it was 30 - 40% of the exam.

I love how the same things come up again and again.

I did not get to find out my exact coursework grade [this goes for my everyone in my class that got A/A*. It is annoying but I think my teacher just doesn't want to get up the hopes of the A* people lol. Do you know the grade boundaries for the coursework?

If anyone is interested I think the notes on this site are quite good.

ehm well i got around 245 marks overall i thinkk , and a kid who got an A* got 260 so im not to sure
Reply 9
RyanKirwan
ehm well i got around 245 marks overall i thinkk , and a kid who got an A* got 260 so im not to sure

:confused:

I thought their were 40marks for each coursework and 4 courseworks, so it is out of 160.
Reply 10
lizzay
:confused:

I thought their were 40marks for each coursework and 4 courseworks, so it is out of 160.

Sorry. My fault im doing AQA ICT LOL :rolleyes:
Reply 11
RyanKirwan
Sorry. My fault im doing AQA ICT LOL :rolleyes:

Ah, that would explain it, lol.
Reply 12
lizzay
Ah, that would explain it, lol.

they make us to soo much work compared to you by the sounds of things :O
Reply 13
RyanKirwan
they make us to soo much work compared to you by the sounds of things :O

:console:

What is your coursework like?
lizzay

Spent many months on access....not nice D;
So much writing up too...design, implementation, evaluation ect :frown:
Reply 15
lizzay

well in year 10 we had to do 3 projects about 50 pages long ;
and this year we had to do one big database project on a library which was horrible :mad: - around 250 pages i think for that :eek:
RyanKirwan
well in year 10 we had to do 3 projects about 50 pages long ;
and this year we had to do one big database project on a library which was horrible :mad: - around 250 pages i think for that :eek:

Did you get given what you had to make the databse on?

I got to choose...so I did a hotel bookings system. It's not so much the making of the database I hated...it was the writing up, and how repetitive it was to the year 10 stuff.
Reply 17
I hated access!!! i'm revising off this website called the teacher99 which is quite good since it's edexcel based.
I need 50% to get an A* so hopefully i'll be able to but i hate ict so much! the coursework killed me! i had to get them all done in a week coz i missed all the deadlines but i managed it!!
Reply 18
Kaylaleigh
Did you get given what you had to make the databse on?

I got to choose...so I did a hotel bookings system. It's not so much the making of the database I hated...it was the writing up, and how repetitive it was to the year 10 stuff.

nope we all had to do the same , on our school library, was so long and boring !
Reply 19
Tami S
I hated access!!! i'm revising off this website called the teacher99 which is quite good since it's edexcel based.
I need 50% to get an A* so hopefully i'll be able to but i hate ict so much! the coursework killed me! i had to get them all done in a week coz i missed all the deadlines but i managed it!!

:five:
I am using teacher99 too, it is what I linked in a previous post ITT. I don't hate ICT, I just don't like the repetitiveness of the write up.

Latest

Trending

Trending