The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the student discount gives you a 3 year warranty, what do you need to take into the store with you to show you have that?
Reply 21
Magnum Opus
the student discount gives you a 3 year warranty, what do you need to take into the store with you to show you have that?

Your computer's serial number. It should all be on their records.

Your warranty status can be checked here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
thomasp
Your computer's serial number. It should all be on their records.

Your warranty status can be checked here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

hmm it says it has expired, but I got it on the HE discount which has a 3 year warranty, I've only had this since Oct/Nov 2008
Reply 23
Magnum Opus
hmm it says it has expired, but I got it on the HE discount which has a 3 year warranty, I've only had this since Oct/Nov 2008

What's expired? Telephone coverage, repair coverage, or AppleCare?

Telephone coverage is only for the first 90 days, even with the HE discount. If the repair coverage has expired, probably best to find your receipt (if you still have it) and call Applecare and see what they say.
thomasp
What's expired? Telephone coverage, repair coverage, or AppleCare?

Telephone coverage is only for the first 90 days, even with the HE discount. If the repair coverage has expired, probably best to find your receipt (if you still have it) and call Applecare and see what they say.

Yeah repair coverage, I have no idea where I'll find the receipt now; will they not have the purchase on record?
Reply 25
Magnum Opus
Yeah repair coverage, I have no idea where I'll find the receipt now; will they not have the purchase on record?

If you bought it in an Apple store, they should have - might be better to phone that store up and get them to sort it. If you didn't buy it from Apple direct, probably better to phone Apple Care or Apple support.
thomasp
If you bought it in an Apple store, they should have - might be better to phone that store up and get them to sort it. If you didn't buy it from Apple direct, probably better to phone Apple Care or Apple support.

I got it online from Apple :colondollar: it should be connected to my account as a purchase, but dunno where I will find this :beard:
Reply 27
Magnum Opus
I got it online from Apple :colondollar: it should be connected to my account as a purchase, but dunno where I will find this :beard:

I've never ordered anything online from Apple, so can't really help you with that. Best thing to do is to phone Applecare and ask! They should have access to all the details on their system.
veggie4life
so tempting! i go on the dell website and see the same spec for £500 yet i still want a macbook lol

Ohhh... link please :biggrin: (for the dell).

Edit: I found it.
Reply 29
Can you get the free ipod touch in-store as well - or is this exclusive to the online store ?
Reply 30
cyborg
Can you get the free ipod touch in-store as well - or is this exclusive to the online store ?

the apple website
You must purchase qualifying products together. Products must be purchased from an Apple Retail Store, Apple Telesales or the Apple Online Store, and delivered to an address in United Kingdom. Order qualifying products between May 26, 2010, and September 7, 2010. Limit one per customer. Discount shows up automatically when products are added to basket.

This should clear things up.
Reply 31
Is the ipod discounted as well? or is that at full pricE?
Reply 32
miiiiil

I'm pretty sure it isn't. It's not really aiding you for your higher education is it :p:
miiiiil

it's not discounted, no, but if you buy a mac before (i think) Sep 7th, you'll get a "free ipod touch"
Reply 34
Keoje
This should clear things up.

Thanks !
Got a discount on a MBP today, though the iPod touch wasnt free... There was X amount of £ off one, so I chose to go for an 8gb touch, which ended up costing £22. Still a mega deal, and it'll do nice for a present for mummy.
Reply 36
rhys_please
Got a discount on a MBP today, though the iPod touch wasnt free... There was X amount of £ off one, so I chose to go for an 8gb touch, which ended up costing £22. Still a mega deal, and it'll do nice for a present for mummy.

What details do you have to enter to get the rebate?
cz100
What details do you have to enter to get the rebate?

Im not entirely sure. However, I found this on the store website: https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uk/programmes/backtoschool/

I would go through the process to see what I'll have to do eventually (I believe you enter the details once you've got the mac and ipod) but Im just about to go to bed! It'll probably be a case of entering seriel numbers in and the such.
rebate was received within a week just incase anyone is interested :smile:
Reply 39
rhys_please
Im not entirely sure. However, I found this on the store website: https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uk/programmes/backtoschool/

I would go through the process to see what I'll have to do eventually (I believe you enter the details once you've got the mac and ipod) but Im just about to go to bed! It'll probably be a case of entering seriel numbers in and the such.
↲So u dont have to enter school details or anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending