The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Royal Holloway rules shut it you!!

Kidding.

But seriously, dont worry about something that hasnt happened yet, so many people will have thought they have screwed up an exam or a module and many find themselves pleasantly surprised.
Reply 2
Yes of course you can. You want to do it early because places in clearing are filled up very quickly and your insurance might takes a whille to release you.
chrissssyh1111
Hi I was wondering.

I have firmed Durham university but my RE in Jan went terrible so I know I've not met my firm choice.

I have Royal Holloway as an insurance but I really regret this now, especially as I went to visit it again and absolutely hated it. I really don't want to end up there.

When I miss my offer for Durham, can I reject Holloway - possibly due to being unable to afford London costs etc and go into clearing?

Technically no, but if you contact them on results day you can ask them to release you and you enter Clearing. However, this can take some time; I got released in a few hours, but you hear of it taking a couple of weeks for some people.

If you're already certain you don't want to go to Royal Holloway, you can contact them now and ask them to release you, in which case you just have a firm.
I think if you dont wanna go there so badly you should reject and go through clearing.

Where do yo want to go and want to study?
Reply 5
Antonia87

But seriously, dont worry about something that hasnt happened yet, so many people will have thought they have screwed up an exam or a module and many find themselves pleasantly surprised.

It says they did the exam in January so I guess OP actually has the results already!
Reply 6
Yep I resat it again but it went badly again, maths core 3. It's so annoying as I need 77 to get my A.
Reply 7
ily_em
It says they did the exam in January so I guess OP actually has the results already!

A2 students wont see their results until August.
Reply 8
Yeah what TheSownRose said is correct, you aren't meant to but they can't force you to go.

Latest