The Student Room Group

NHS job application 'supporting information'

ok so im applying for a job in the 999 call centre and i really really really want this job, ive been waiting for a opening here for months, ive filled in teh form and this question has got me a bit worried so id like some opinions on my answer... good or bad!

heres the question.....

In this box please give your reasons for applying for this post and additional information which shows how you match the person specification. This can include relevant skills, knowledge, experience, voluntary activities and training etc.

If relevant to the post for which you are applying, you should include details about research experience, publications or poster presentations, clinical care (knowledge and skills) and clinical audit.

Please note that the space is expandable, and you can 'cut and paste' relevant sections from your CV.

and heres my answer.... i know it has terrible spelling mistakes but i will change them before sending it in!!

I am applying for this position as I am keen to persue a carreer within the NHS and feel I meet the required specififcations.

I have gained experiences and skills from my previous employment aswell as my personal life and education, which will benefit me in this job role.

My previous job as a resort rep gave me great experience working within a busy and often stressfull enviroment as well as working as a team. I often had to deal with angry or upset guests and had to clam and difuse situations aswell as make dicitions indipendantly.

As a parent and previous carer for my father multi-tasking has became second nature to me and a part of my daily life.

Im my job working for 3 Mobile I used computer systems daily, I find it easy to learn new programs and use systems confidently.

I cope brilliantly under pressure and stress and thrive off new challenges and oppourtunities and hopefull will be able to demonstrates this if im offered this career oppourtunity

any advice is muchly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I am applying for this position as I am keen to persue a carreer within the NHS and feel I meet the required specififcations. why are you keen to pursue it? what makes it stand out to you? How do you meet the specifications - this needs to come across through the answer

I have gained experiences and skills from my previous employment aswell as my personal life and education, which will benefit me in this job role. what experience and skills? you want to benefit the employer not yourself... so far reading this you havent given the employer any reasons to employ you and nothing that makes you stand out

My previous job as a resort rep gave me great experience working within a busy and often stressfull enviroment as well as working as a team. I often had to deal with angry or upset guests and had to clam and difuse situations aswell as make dicitions indipendantly. can you rewrite this to given a brief explanation of the situation, what the problem was, how you personally dealt with it, and what the end result was

As a parent and previous carer for my father multi-tasking has became second nature to me and a part of my daily life. ok but this is just a statement. make it relevant to the job - how will this benefit them

Im my job working for 3 Mobile I used computer systems daily, I find it easy to learn new programs and use systems confidently. as above. how does this benefit them.

I cope brilliantly under pressure and stress and thrive off new challenges and oppourtunities and hopefull will be able to demonstrates this if im offered this career oppourtunity dont hope - be confident. you will demonstarate this in this job. dont use wishy washy words like hope and if.
Reply 2
ps. write down a list of what the employer is looking for when they read your reply. then read through it yourself pretending you are them. how many of the essential and desirable qualities are they honestly going to be able to tick off?
Reply 3
Thanks for your reply, thats has helped alot and im busy changing it now. The 1st part though, why i want to work there, how can i say without sounding idd that I want to work there as it is a stable place....and within the health sector?
Reply 4
Neenie88
Thanks for your reply, thats has helped alot and im busy changing it now. The 1st part though, why i want to work there, how can i say without sounding idd that I want to work there as it is a stable place....and within the health sector?

Explain why you want to work in the health sector. You said you really really really want this job - what makes you want this job? There are lots of stable places, what made you choose this route? Explain what interests you about the emergency services/health sector/NHS/etc.
Reply 5
because my dads been ill alot in his later life so i have had alot if contact with nurses, health care assistants and have phoned the 999 cal centre plenty times lol. im really bad with putting things into workds, i know what i want to say i just dont know how!
Reply 6
the new version......

I am applying for this position as I am keen to persue a carreer within the NHS as it is a reputable and stable employer within the care industry and feel I meet the required specififcations as I am able to work in a team or independantly, I can work in a busy and demanding work place and I am a quick learner.

I have gained experiences and skills from my previous employment aswell as my personal life and education such as multi tasking, interpersonal skills, time managment, problem solving and the importance of motivation and inititave which will benefit me in this role.

My previous job as a resort rep gave me great experience working within a busy and often stressfull enviroment as well as working as a team. I often had to deal with angry or upset guests and had to clam and difuse situations aswell as make decisions independently, for example guests could be delayed on flights or miss transfers, it was trhen my job to keep them calm and informed or arrange new transfers in order to get them home safely and happily.

As a parent and previous carer for my father multi-tasking has became second nature to me and a part of my daily life and will benefit me in handeling more than one task at a time in a job.

Im my job working for 3 Mobile I used computer systems daily, I find it easy to learn new programs and use systems confidently so will have no problems learning how to use the ambulance service systems.

I cope brilliantly under pressure and stress and thrive off new challenges and oppourtunities and will be able to demonstrates this in this job.
Reply 7
You need to make it a bit longer too i think. Re read my advice and give it another draft. I see the improvements youve made but i think it can be even better!

ps i wouldnt use the word stable in the first paragraph. Make the first paragraph just talk about why you want the job. Why it appeals to you. Why you want to work in the nhs. etc etc. So move the other bit.

There are a lot of short paragraphs and you can probably bring some of them together. Also have a summary paragraph at the end - remind them why you want to work for them briefly, that you are the right person for the job, and that you look forward to expanding on any of the points further at interview / something.
Reply 8
3rd time lucky lol.....

I am applying for this position as I am keen to persue a carreer within the NHS as it is a reputable employer within the care industry. Throughout my life I have experienced several different departments of the NHS after having my first child and caring for my father; including the contact centre and many different wards. I want a job where I can have complete job satisfaction and where I am making a difference to peoples lives rather than a sales based job. I believe I would get that from working in the Ambulance service contact centre. I feel I meet the required specifications as I am able to work in a team or independently, Working in a busy and demanding work place will be no problem as I have previous experience and I am a quick learner and can adapt easily.

I have gained experiences and skills from my previous employment as well as my personal life and education such as multi tasking, interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving and the importance of motivation and inititave which will benefit me in this role.

My previous job as a resort representative gave me great experience working within a busy and often stressful environment as well as working as a team. I often had to deal with angry or upset guests and had to calm and diffuse situations. Having been in certain scenarios where I have had to make decisions independently; for example guests could be delayed on flights or miss transfers, it was then my job to keep them informed and arrange new transfers and arrangements in order to get them home safely and happily.

As a parent and previous carer for my father, multi-tasking has became second nature to me and a part of my daily life and will benefit me in handling more than one task at a time in a job.
In my job working for 3 Mobile I used computer systems on a daily basis. I find it easy to learn new programs and use systems confidently so I will have no problems learning how to use the ambulance service systems.

I love new challenges and oppourtunities and would thrive working in the NHS, I would also bring my positive and proactive attitude to benefit others.

Thanks alot for this help btw :smile:
Reply 9
looks much more substantial. will reead in the am
Reply 10
if i dont reply again quote me
Reply 11
eden
if i dont reply again quote me

:smile:
Reply 12
looks much better. spell check it and read it yourself critically with the person specification (list of "essential " and "desireable" qualities) and make sure you can tick them off from what youve written :smile:
Reply 13
Well, I have had 3 jobs replies inviting me for interview since my starting in the NHS, and for additonal information I have always copied and pasted the job description/person spec and wrote what I have/do underneath each point.
Digging out an old post here, I am applying as a Student paramedic right now.

How did your's go? Did you get the place?
Reply 15
wish you could help me right now
Original post by Milo23
wish you could help me right now

What do you need help with? x
Reply 17
can anyone help with radio
hi every one!

I trying to apply for an assistant psychology job in uk. I'm portuguese and currently concluding my master degree in neuropsychology...

could you tell me the specifications to apply for this role in uk?

Reply 19
Hi,

I'm a UK national but I'm also applying for assistant psychology jobs too. So far I haven't seen any specification about applying from abroad, so if I were you I would just look around their website or maybe give the employer a call before starting the application form. However, most of the specifications that I've seen so far are about your qualifications, your experiences, desire for a career in psychology and personal skill sets such as good time management, excellent report writing and just things along those lines.

All the best with your applications! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending