The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
hooly
Hi, guys!

If everything goes OK with the visa, I'll be joining Warwick to do MSc in Economics.

I would like to prepare myself a little for the studies and to revise economics, econometrics and math.

Can anybody help me by advising some books I should use while doing that?

I've seen course structures, but there are so many books..

Moreover, how hard is math?

Usually, lecturers will do some revision during the first week and will recommend books for students who need more practice. So wait until you start to evaluate your level:smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
hooly
Hi, guys!

If everything goes OK with the visa, I'll be joining Warwick to do MSc in Economics.

I would like to prepare myself a little for the studies and to revise economics, econometrics and math.

Can anybody help me by advising some books I should use while doing that?

I've seen course structures, but there are so many books..

Moreover, how hard is math?

I thought Warwick didn't have a Masters in Economics you could do :s-smilie:
Reply 3
destination unknown
Usually, lecturers will do some revision during the first week and will recommend books for students who need more practice. So wait until you start to evaluate your level:smile:

Are you studying at MSc Economics course? So many questions:biggrin:

The thing is, that f.e. my macroeconomics is really bad, and I'm sure that one week of revision won't be enough for me..)
Reply 4
sil3nt_cha0s
I thought Warwick didn't have a Masters in Economics you could do :s-smilie:

haha why would you think that? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
hooly
haha why would you think that? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

because I want to do one but I'm told there is only a 3 year course for Economics.
sil3nt_cha0s
because I want to do one but I'm told there is only a 3 year course for Economics.

I think you will need to apply for the masters in your third year (ie progression isn't automatic/not guaranteed when you apply via UCAS).

This seems to be the course page.

Latest