The Student Room Group

King Edwards Five Ways

i applied to k.e five ways and i got a reply telling me theyll send me another letter after the application closing date. my friend had an interview but i never recieved anything so i rang up the college and i was told i missed my interview. so basically i never got my interview letter. Now i have to reapply on results day.

So i was wondering if theres anyone who has accepted a place for biology chemistry maths and psychology at five ways and is most likely going to reject the offer on results day. Because i really want a place here as my friend is going there and its close to my house.
Even if there is it doesn't mean that you would get their place, as there are probably others who are also calling up on results day to try and get a place and they'll have a waiting list in operation. Sorry.
Reply 2
just wondering how you know there is a waiting list .Also i think i should be priority as i should have vad an interview but i will email them to ask this.
lara_ox
i applied to k.e five ways and i got a reply telling me theyll send me another letter after the application closing date. my friend had an interview but i never recieved anything so i rang up the college and i was told i missed my interview. so basically i never got my interview letter. Now i have to reapply on results day.

So i was wondering if theres anyone who has accepted a place for biology chemistry maths and psychology at five ways and is most likely going to reject the offer on results day. Because i really want a place here as my friend is going there and its close to my house.

woah, sorry to hear this. i go here and it is perfectly fine to reapply on results day, just make sure you have Bs in english and maths and As, in at least 4 subjects, including the ones u wanna study and you should get a place
im in the year above u and there are many people who applied on results day and settled in nicely afterwards, especially if they went to the residential course, but whatever happens u should settle in, so hopefully you can get a place
Reply 4
LukethePianoMan
woah, sorry to hear this. i go here and it is perfectly fine to reapply on results day, just make sure you have Bs in english and maths and As, in at least 4 subjects, including the ones u wanna study and you should get a place
im in the year above u and there are many people who applied on results day and settled in nicely afterwards, especially if they went to the residential course, but whatever happens u should settle in, so hopefully you can get a place

Where do you go on the residential course??
I think meet the entry requirements already but i dont know if i want to go there even if i get a place my friend went to the induction day and said most of the people looked posh and geeky lol and king eds handsworth is closer to my house and ive alredi got a place there
lara_ox
Where do you go on the residential course??
I think meet the entry requirements already but i dont know if i want to go there even if i get a place my friend went to the induction day and said most of the people looked posh and geeky lol and king eds handsworth is closer to my house and ive alredi got a place there

nah we arent posh and geeky :P we are academic but really relaxed too
the residential course was somewhere in kidderminster where we did stuff like obstacle courses, really fun and a great way to get to know your form
five ways is like most places, there isnt a typical pupil and anyone can fit in
Reply 6
LukethePianoMan
nah we arent posh and geeky :P we are academic but really relaxed too
the residential course was somewhere in kidderminster where we did stuff like obstacle courses, really fun and a great way to get to know your form
five ways is like most places, there isnt a typical pupil and anyone can fit in

What do you do in free periods at five ways and is there like a town or shops or anything closeby as it looks like its in the middle of nowhere.
lara_ox
What do you do in free periods at five ways and is there like a town or shops or anything closeby as it looks like its in the middle of nowhere.

free periods u can either go to the gym, talk to people, get a coffee or do a bit of work
it is in the middle of nowhere but there is a little town where you can go to get fish and chips at lunchtime if you want :smile:
and you can go home if you have 2 frees in the afternoon
lara_ox

so did you end up getting in on results day or haven't you heard back yet
Reply 9
littleangel9914
so did you end up getting in on results day or haven't you heard back yet

I didnt bother reapplying decided to go to a different college :biggrin:
lara_ox
I didnt bother reapplying decided to go to a different college :biggrin:

well if they had spaces you probably would have got in
u have really good grades
Reply 11
littleangel9914
well if they had spaces you probably would have got in