The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm thinking of doing medicine and i've chosen Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, and either Maths or History.
As above, there are no real "best subjects" for Law.

You should do 4 respected academic subjects of your choosing.
Reply 802
Any, whether they are all science based, all arts based or a mixture of the two. Use this list as a guideline of which subjects are respected and you can take any from there :smile:.
My friend who wants to do law is taking history, French, maths and biology. So, as above, take any four respected academic subjects. It is good to have an essay writign subject, though.
Any academic, well respected, subjects.
randomer980
I am thinking of studying law at uni, but not sure what subjects to take! can anyone help?

Personally:

History
English Literature

+ 2 more from here:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Modern Foriegn Language, Ancient Greek, Latin, Philosophy, Theology, Classics, Economics...
Choose the one which has the subjects that interest you the most, because they're all fine and respected.
Reply 807
History
Eng lit
Language

???
Reply 808
Maths, Further Maths, General Studies
Reply 809
NoFunnyBusiness
What's your predicted grade for chemistry for GCSE? did you take separate sciences, I don't mean to sound weird but if you didn't take separate sciences and took the dual course you might just struggle at the beginning - but nothing that 'reading a-head' won't solve. But that's what my teachers have said, I'm yet to experience it this September :P :woo:

We did core/additional science at my school, as in Biology, Chemistry and Physics in one whole go, so I don't have a knowledge of Chemistry itself. (:
Personally I think:

Two from: English Lit, History, a language
Two from: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics
Reply 811
option 4 but replace biology by an essay subject like history or eng lit or a goreign language.
Take law A'level if you can, it might help in the background and also will help you deciede if you enjoy the subject as well
xCBRx
Maths, Further Maths, General Studies

General Studies is excluded from offers at the vast majority of universities - this is probably the case for all Law offers.
OP, the people listing specific subjects are presumably just giving their opinion. From university's point of view, all they want is 4 academic subjects. So just do you subjects YOU want to do.
Any well respected subjects are absolutely fine. Maybe history and english would be especially preferred but obviously do subjects you are good at.
Sciencey subjects are also fine but it would be best to have a mix.
Asking on behalf of kid brother who's contemplating law - do Maths & Further Maths count as seperate A Levels or would a uni require you to have 2 additional A2's on top of those?
What others have said, just not law.
I did English Literature, History and Government and Politics, if that helps any... Have friends who have done Maths and Languages though... x
Completely ignore the poll results.

For Law, choose any 4 respected academic subjects. Choose the subjects you want to do. Why on earth would you choose based on a poll?

Latest