The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

What is Coventry University like, exactly?

OK I'm only 17 in Year 12, and I want to go to university when I'm older. I live in Coventry, and would preferably like to get away from home, but I consider Coventry University as one of my options. My brother did BA Criminology & Sociology there and graduated in 2007 and loved it there (although for the social life), but I want a collective opinion. lol.

What is the academics there like? I know it's a so-called ex polytechnic university and it ranks near the bottom in UK university league tables. But I'd like a proper opinion on that.

I'm hoping to do something biology-related.
Imagine an apple.
Now imagine that apple rotting from inside to out.
Now imagine that apple inside Coventry university, in a bin.

Pretty ****** huh?>

EDIT: you can't have swa.nky?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I love it.

Sometimes they are a bit disorganised with paperwork and stuff, but the lecturers are really nice, and you can do some courses here that you can't get elsewhere. Obviously you know the town as well and won't have to worry about that.

As for league tables, they aren't the be all and end all. Go where you will be happiest.
Reply 3
chunkylover52
Imagine an apple.
Now imagine that apple rotting from inside to out.
Now imagine that apple inside Coventry university, in a bin.

Pretty ****** huh?>

EDIT: you can't have swa.nky?

That made me lol so very hard :biggrin:
Reply 4
StanpyX
OK I'm only 17 in Year 12, and I want to go to university when I'm older. I live in Coventry, and would preferably like to get away from home, but I consider Coventry University as one of my options. My brother did BA Criminology & Sociology there and graduated in 2007 and loved it there (although for the social life), but I want a collective opinion. lol.

What is the academics there like? I know it's a so-called ex polytechnic university and it ranks near the bottom in UK university league tables. But I'd like a proper opinion on that.

I'm hoping to do something biology-related.

The Uni has its positives and downsides.

Positives: met some of the bestest mates at the uni, everything is close by, quite a few clubs around, has quick train connections to bham.

Downside: quite a chavy place, can be rough if you are not streetwise, not enough girls!, uni teaching quality in Business Faculty is weak.

I think I woulda suited to go to a uni near a coast or somewhere picturesque, that said i've met some really amazing people at Cov Uni, wouldn't trade my time or friendship with them for nething in the world.

If you or anyone has any questions or wants a chat about Cov Uni, Uni life or halls etc, just PM me :o:
Reply 5
gatorade
not enough girls!

lol mate, i definately agree!
Reply 6
nikk87
lol mate, i definitely agree!

Thing is when I come back home there are more girls...but are proper shallow and stuck up!
So I can't win!