The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

BowTie
hi i am trying to decide what to do for this but am having difficulties having any good ideas...

would preferably be something to do with either politics or economics or best of all a combination of the two!

Something about the recession and how the UK labour government handled it, what they could have done better and what they should have done?
There's no way I'd destroy HP like that :O I love it way too much, it'll be a work of appreciation :P
Reply 1002
that what my econ teacher said but i thoight it might be a little too predictaibe.

and no the uk should not enter the eurozone! :smile: that was a quickie
There's nothing wrong with doing something a bit predictable, as long as you do it well.
Reply 1004
I'm thinking of doing an extended project in english about 19th century gothic horror but apparently you have to have two opposing views? does anyone know opposing views or have ideas i could use would be appreciated thanks !
Reply 1005
Thanks the men and women thing sounds interesting and it was what i was thinking of doing? but i dnt know whether to do men and women in the book or to do it from a male or female author i suppose i could blend both though
Reply 1006
do you recon there would be enough to do on 'is thgere a special relationship between the UK and the USA?'
Is this an acceptable title? "How feasible is brain transplantation and could it take us to immortality?"
Reply 1008
erm probably not unfortunately... coz that would be mainly frankenstein
Research is such a pain :L I have about 12 books out with deadlines too soon -___- I can see where my summer holidays is heading...
JojoStar
erm probably not unfortunately... coz that would be mainly frankenstein

No actually there would be hardly any reference to Frankenstein at all. There's actual medical research, experiments and theories about brain transplantation in real life, which have nothing to do with Frankenstein.

Dr Robert White transplanted the heads of two monkeys onto different monkeys and they survived for a few days, albeit with paralysis from the neck downwards due to the severed spinal cords. There have been numerous other experiments like this by other doctors and scientists.
Reply 1011
Hello Everyone i am also meant to be starting my EPQ this year, but i really dont know what topic to do, i want to do something related to medicine. any ideas?

some of my ideas are Malaria, Euthanasia, Obesity, Autism and Domestic violence also interests me, but these are only rough ideas as i dont evn know what to write about them or what titles to choose

i am also a bit confused about the EPQ, especially how to discuss my topics and write a report, (well everything about it basically!)

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED :smile:

thankyou :wink:
Reply 1012
I'm doing mine on Diagnosis. :proud: Nobody nick it. :hmmm:
I can't find many books on it though - although I have found many websites and news articles.
How many books are we expected to use to use for research? Will you get marked down for using too few, even if you've used other sources?

Thanks. :h:
Reply 1013
mellie220
Research is such a pain :L I have about 12 books out with deadlines too soon -___- I can see where my summer holidays is heading...

Haha - I know what you mean I have a million and one books to read.

Duckzilla
No actually there would be hardly any reference to Frankenstein at all. There's actual medical research, experiments and theories about brain transplantation in real life, which have nothing to do with Frankenstein.

Dr Robert White transplanted the heads of two monkeys onto different monkeys and they survived for a few days, albeit with paralysis from the neck downwards due to the severed spinal cords. There have been numerous other experiments like this by other doctors and scientists.

Sorry I thought you meant relating to english-- yyeahh im sure theres loads of research and would be really interesting to explore... And no doubt the ethics of it would be good as well :smile:
Hi, I'm an A Level students who is looking to do the extended project. Do i need to organise this myself or can i go through my sixth form college?

I was looking to something like:

Physics: Aerodynamics of a Formula 1 Car

or

History: Effect of the 1998 and 1921 treaties on the IRA
( Don't do history a level but Irish History intrigues me )
gozatron
Hi, I'm an A Level students who is looking to do the extended project. Do i need to organise this myself or can i go through my sixth form college?

I was looking to something like:

Physics: Aerodynamics of a Formula 1 Car

or

History: Effect of the 1998 and 1921 treaties on the IRA
( Don't do history a level but Irish History intrigues me )

You have to get assessors (should be teachers) from your school. While dong the extended project you have to make a log book, and they have to comment on it and sign it. You also have to perform a verbal presentation to them which they will assess, so you will need to go through your sixth form college.
Hello :smile:
I'm about to start my A levels (English lit, History, Class civ & Politics) and I'm looking to do an EPQ (AQA, I think) but am a little stuck on the topic :smile:
I'm really interested in History (as you can probably tell by my choices), especially 1960's & civil rights (Martin Luther King & the black civil rights movement in America being my absolute favourite). However, I've just done this for GCSE and I'm fairly sure that it comes into my A level course too... would it be a bad idea to do an EPQ on this?
Any topic ideas would be very helpful :p:
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1017
theteenagecurse
Hello :smile:
I'm about to start my A levels (English lit, History, Class civ & Politics) and I'm looking to do an EPQ (AQA, I think) but am a little stuck on the topic :smile:
I'm really interested in History (as you can probably tell by my choices), especially 1960's & civil rights (Martin Luther King & the black civil rights movement in America being my absolute favourite). However, I've just done this for GCSE and I'm fairly sure that it comes into my A level course too... would it be a bad idea to do an EPQ on this?
Any topic ideas would be very helpful :p:
Thank you :smile:

I think as long as you dont entirely base your EPQ on what you have learnt in class, then it should be ok. For example I studied frankenstein for GCSE and A level and and using it for my EPQ but its under Gothic Fiction which means it branches out abit. So you could use Martin Luther King, but then you could compare him to other campaigners in different times who stood up for black civil rights such as Gandi (I think) and how in some ways the government stood against them?. only if you wanted to though.
Hi im thinking of doing the extended project and got all the information and then realised that my original idea wasn't very good so i would like a new idea which involves both psychology and education and is REALLY stuck for idea's. please help? :smile:
Maybe something to do with how education affects behaviour? E.g. children who went to pre-school/day care/ etc. have better/worse behaviour?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending