The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

I am a Second Year Sheffield University student. Ask me anything about Freshers year!

Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hahahhh. Embrace oh Embrace.. Well, one should go to Embrace at least once :biggrin:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
There's nothing wrong with Embrace! :p: I really like it on a Friday. Just don't go on the rubbish nights, or in freshers, and it's fine.

To be honest, everywhere is packed in freshers - most places are worth re-visiting when things have died down a bit, even if you didn't like them the first time.

I can't think of any more advice to add, except maybe in addition to what you said about housing. Most of my friends signed their contracts before Christmas, which meant everyone got nice houses...but a few people have since fallen out with their future housemates. Housing a difficult situation really, and I'd say start looking around December and probably sign before February if you want a good choice.
Reply 3
I went to Embrace on a Monday once and quite enjoyed it, but on weekends it is hell! Not worth the money at all.

I disagree with the bus thing, although I did live in Endcliffe. I probably would have gained a lot more weight if I didn't have my hour walk there and back everyday, and my legs became so strong from walking up the hills all the time!

I'm so jealous of all the new freshers for having all of this to look forward to! Reading through this has made me want to go back.
Reply 4
How it is with that S10 fitness centre..? I want to buy that off-peak membership for 150 pounds annually but I don't know if I will have time to go to the gym between 7am and 5pm... ?
Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Merlinn
How it is with that S10 fitness centre..? I want to buy that off-peak membership for 150 pounds annually but I don't know if I will have time to go to the gym between 7am and 5pm... ?

It depends what course you're on as to whether you'll have time. I only had six hours a week as there was plenty of time to go swimming off-peak but I had flatmates how were in pretty much 9-5 most days (with breaks inbetween). You could wait and see your timetable because you might find that you have a couple of hours spare mid-week that you could fit a gym session into.
Reply 7
150 pounds annually is a pretty good price I think, and yes I am really serious about it :smile: (I believe that 150 annually is also for sauna and pool, or?) How long is it there by bus/feet from the Endcliffe village approx.?
Embrace is a **** nightclub full stop. The only locals that go are 15 yr olds and chavs.
How Ranmoor? Do you know anything about Ravenstones apartments? thx :biggrin:
Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)
I like how you started off with really useful information and then just trailed off into a load of boring stereotypical anecdotes.
Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)
Meh...I guess you were trying to be helpful. Sorry for being a ***** :p:
TickTockBoom
Meh...I guess you were trying to be helpful. Sorry for being a bitch :p:

Don't worry about it; I do tend to ramble :yep:
mazza558

What did you do during the days of freshers week (as opposed to nights) - were there lots of introductory lectures or what?
Reply 16
one question-how many girls did you sleep with during freshers week?
thank you
Best bit about your Geography modules? (You'll never guess what I'm doing at Sheffield :wink:)
ArtGoblin
I went to Embrace on a Monday once and quite enjoyed it, but on weekends it is hell! Not worth the money at all.

I disagree with the bus thing, although I did live in Endcliffe. I probably would have gained a lot more weight if I didn't have my hour walk there and back everyday, and my legs became so strong from walking up the hills all the time!

I'm so jealous of all the new freshers for having all of this to look forward to! Reading through this has made me want to go back.

Totally agree about the bus thing...the walking is fun :biggrin: and it's so sociable...pretty much made all my friends on walks to/from uni! People who live closer to the uni or get a bus don't seem to have many friends on my course :frown:

And aww...so many Sheffield people on here..who knew!
Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending