The Student Room Group
Same meaning. Bit of a thug. Or she called them a face...
Reply 2
Fool.

E.g. "Why the hell are you putting that knife into that toaster, you mug?"
Stupid or gullible person, basically.
Reply 4
Idiot
Reply 5
Fool/gullible/impressionable etc.
Reply 6
'Are you taking me for a mug, sunshine?, you wanna meet my friend called stanley?'
Reply 7
Rinsed
Stupid or gullible person, basically.

Yup, that makes sense. This person does seem like that, but I don't think she really knows this person that well. Thanks :wink: x
Reply 8
Faaackin Mug
Reply 9
Another word for a helpful person.... unfortunately seen as a gullible...
Reply 10
A fool/tool.
Reply 11
A dumb ass basically.
Reply 12
It's not exactly the same as idiot. It specifically implies that someone is gullible or easily taken advantage of. It certainly doesn't mean thug or anything like that.
Reply 13
sam.day
Faaackin Mug
He he :wink:

Some people I know do sound a bit like that! Really broad vowels x
Reply 14
to be mugged is basically to have your wallet ect stolen.

a mug is sum1 who is gullable or is taken advantage of sumhow. i.e. CHAVS that have kids and never work, who bleed the state system dry, they make tax payers look like mugs...
Reply 15
danni_bella
He he :wink:

Some people I know do sound a bit like that! Really broad vowels x

Thats what I sound like ya Aussie bas-taaad

I made a few Aussie mates when I was out there, teaching them the ancestral lingo, they come up their thongs, "arvo barbies" and generally fail at deflecting convict jokes. Pommies do it better in everything except cricket and tanning.
Reply 16
sam.day
Thats what I sound like ya Aussie bas-taaad

I made a few Aussie mates when I was out there, teaching them the ancestral lingo, they come up their thongs, "arvo barbies" and generally fail at deflecting convict jokes. Pommies do it better in everything except cricket and tanning.

That's what you think U pommie bastard :wink:

I'm not considered Aussie anyway but I do live here and enjoy it immensely :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 17
mug is london slang probably cockney.
as it is used mostly by londoners and people from essex.
it means a stupid, gullible person. someone easily taken advantage of.
Being from Liverpool the term mug was always used meaning to treat someone . e.g. '' If I win on the bingo, I'll mug ya'' .. '' Are you gonna mug me to the pictures?'' '' I'll mug ya to a pint''
Original post by tricia190
Being from Liverpool the term mug was always used meaning to treat someone . e.g. '' If I win on the bingo, I'll mug ya'' .. '' Are you gonna mug me to the pictures?'' '' I'll mug ya to a pint''

Thread is 9 years old - please check the age of threads before you post :yep:

Closed :smile:

Latest