The Student Room Group

Issuing Authority? Visa Application

So, I'm applying for my Tier 4 visa and I'm a bit confused. Nowhere in my passport does it say Issuing authority. I'm I right to assume that I should state "The Republic of Ghana" as the issuing authority (I have a Ghanaian passport which was issued in Berlin , Germany)or am I missing something? Thanks.
Reply 1
Call the centre where you are applying for a passport and ask them, so if it is the British embassy then call them and ask what they mean by this.

'Centre of Issue' usually means the High Commission of the country to which the passport belongs, but 'Issuing Authority' is ambiguous so you should just call and ask. It may cost a few pounds calling a premium rate embassy advice line but it's worth getting your application right. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks a lot.
I'm pretty sure it would be the 'high commission of ghana in berlin' or the embassy for ghana in berlin or whoever it was that issued the passport. If you're not comfortable calling a bunch of random authorities to find out, just email/call your uni's international student office and they'll be able to help.

EDIT: just fyi, the issuing authority is DEFINITELY not just 'the republic of ghana'. It's the city/country/centre where your passport was issued. it helps them distinguish between someone who has a passport issued in their home country, and someone who has a passport from a certain country that was issued in another country.
Reply 4
Yea, it was the Embassy of Ghana , Berlin. Thanks .
Reply 5
Original post by Byron'Buster'Bluth
I'm pretty sure it would be the 'high commission of ghana in berlin' or the embassy for ghana in berlin or whoever it was that issued the passport. If you're not comfortable calling a bunch of random authorities to find out, just email/call your uni's international student office and they'll be able to help.

EDIT: just fyi, the issuing authority is DEFINITELY not just 'the republic of ghana'. It's the city/country/centre where your passport was issued. it helps them distinguish between someone who has a passport issued in their home country, and someone who has a passport from a certain country that was issued in another country.

Hey my freind please im here to ask & need for explain I'm applying for my visa to uk and I'm a bit confused. Nowhere in my passport does it say Issuing authorit !!! please help me what should i do
& is their some thing to do to get visa betw us i mean the test or something like that
thank you

Quick Reply