The Student Room Group

William Hill Interview! HELP!

I've got a job interview for a customer service assistant at William Hill tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Apparently it's 1 hour long and was wondering what I could possibly get asked in that time? Does anyone here know much about the interview process? Any tips? Cheers.
Reply 1
Alba Gu Brath
I've got a job interview for a customer service assistant at William Hill tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Apparently it's 1 hour long and was wondering what I could possibly get asked in that time? Does anyone here know much about the interview process? Any tips? Cheers.

Dress like this.

Oh and it might help if you knew a bit about betting etc.
Reply 2
Kiwiguy
Dress like this.

i loled
Reply 3
nofish4u

i loled

I love my life.. :smile:
Reply 4
Maybe they want you to play bingo with them for a little while..
Reply 5
That goes without saying; I'm going to dress smart anyway.

I'm going to focus more on my customer service skills but obviously I'll learn a wee bit about betting before I walk into shop tomorrow.

If the odds are, for example, 4/1 then the bettor will make 4 units for every unit they put down, including their original stake.
Reply 6
its an easy interview

there will be 2 people there, one interviewing you and one assessing the interviewer

they ask you basic questions i.e. what would you do if a customer did this, etc

they'll give you a basic mental arithmetic exam and give you some simple odds questions, i.e. if you bet £10 on a horse with 7/1 odds what is the return? return is £80, £70 win and £10 original stake

it's not a hard interview and if you can't get the job then there's something completely wrong with you. i've seen absolute retards during the training days (i worked there for over a year)

if successful they tell you you're hired on the spot (was in my case anyway)
Reply 7
I have one next weekend (never had an interview on a weekend!) After reading the above post i feel much better haha...thanks!!
Reply 8
did you people get the job? i have an interview on wednesday for them after passing my telephone interview and i am so worried! i havent had an interview before so have no idea what to expect, could anyone help me with the type of questions they ask?

thanks alot if anyone posts! :smile:
Reply 9
Don't worry too much.. I think it's more about personality - the rest they can teach you. My friend got a job there a couple of weeks ago and she knew nothing about betting or how to calculate odds but they didn't seem to mind - they're now training her.
Might be useful though to read up on it in case as different branches may have different interview policies.
Reply 10
Just to let you know, i went for my interview and it was nothing compared to what i thought it'd be like! The 2 people who interviewed me were very friendly and were a right laugh. IT was pretty easy to get the job to be fair they just wanted to know i knew what customer service was. They do fully train you too so you don't need to know much but if you do then great.
P.s. I no longer work for them lol
Original post by rainbow29
did you people get the job? i have an interview on wednesday for them after passing my telephone interview and i am so worried! i havent had an interview before so have no idea what to expect, could anyone help me with the type of questions they ask?

thanks alot if anyone posts! :smile:

/how was the telephone interview? I have mine coming up :smile:
Reply 12
hi guys,

first timer poster. i was just wondering if W.H preform CRB checks and if so is met by the employer?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending