The Student Room Group

clearing help...applied to choice but how long does it take?

I spoke to Manchester university on the phone and was informed that they could offer me a place on their biomedical materials course. I then recieved an e-mail saying they would be "happy to accept me with my current qualifications"
I have put this as my clearing choice on UCAS... does this mean that I am definately going to be accepted? and does anyone know how long they will take to let me know about their decision?

Help would be so appreciated right now!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, you've already been accepted. Congrats.
Reply 2
I want to know the same information.
Reply 3
Me too!
Reply 4
thanks..have been really worried about it. Do you know how long it usually takes for the university to confirm it on UCAS?
Reply 5
Ive got this with Southampton - They're telling me limited places yet I cant get into track - Im screwed! :frown:
Reply 6
TomB1991
Ive got this with Southampton - They're telling me limited places yet I cant get into track - Im screwed! :frown:

LOL XD ifeel for you keep trying to log in to ****** UCAS
Try not to worry guys :smile: it took atleast three days for me and I too went through all the worries about changing their minds but you just have to be patient. I've not yet heard of someone being offered something then declined at the last hurdle.
I spoke to Queen Mary's on the phone and they said that they'd be happy to make me an offer. I put it on my track as a choice... but track isn't working now.
Am I definetly in? Is there a chance that they'll reject me? And when will track work again????
EDIT: Guy on the phone also said, 'I hope to see you this year' or was it 'I look forward to seeing you this year?' Ahhh can't remember!!!
Reply 9
The only problem is, I need to apply for accommodation and that's on a first come first serve basis anyway. And if that wasn't annoying enough, I need to change my Student Finance in time so I can get my money on time.
Reply 10
yh i have the same issue. Though tbh i just really wanna know that they are going to confirm their offer to me! this is making me so nervous.
Lovett10
yh i have the same issue. Though tbh i just really wanna know that they are going to confirm their offer to me! this is making me so nervous.

Same! :frown:
Reply 12
Summer_b
The only problem is, I need to apply for accommodation and that's on a first come first serve basis anyway. And if that wasn't annoying enough, I need to change my Student Finance in time so I can get my money on time.

this is my same situation, but i cnt get into track to confirm the place...:eek3:

plus tomoz i have to sort out accomodation/sf and call them in the morning as ucas is playing up big time!
Reply 13
mariame
this is may same situation, but i cnt get into track yo confirm the place...:eek3:

plus tomoz i have to sort out accomodation/sf and call them in the morning as ucas is playing up big time!

UCAS is just being ridiculous. In the morning it took me forever to find out if i was in or not. And then it took forever around 6 to let me even add my choice. And now it's just refusing to work.

Don't worry i think you have 48hours to do it, or that's what Conventry said to me.
Reply 14
same i got an offer to do politics in hull my offer is in there system and everything because i called later in the day and the lady found my details really quickly and on the computer it said they had made me an offer but ive had no email from them confirming this but i defo want to go hull

so i went in to track and put them on my clearing choice half an hour ago is that what your suppose to do or im isuppose to do something else
Reply 15
lilylucy
same i got an offer to do politics in hull my offer is in there system and everything because i called later in the day and the lady found my details really quickly and on the computer it said they had made me an offer but ive had no email from them confirming this but i defo want to go hull

so i went in to track and put them on my clearing choice half an hour ago is that what your suppose to do or im isuppose to do something else

Yep that is what you're supposed to do, Hull took a few days to accept me last year so you can relax. :smile:
Reply 16
Wilt
Yep that is what you're supposed to do, Hull took a few days to accept me last year so you can relax. :smile:

thanks im really panicking because im going on holiday next friday so unlike everyone else i have like 7 day to sort everying out accomodation and finance so im proper stressing
Reply 17
lilylucy
thanks im really panicking because im going on holiday next friday so unlike everyone else i have like 7 day to sort everying out accomodation and finance so im proper stressing

With Hull you have until the 1st September to apply for accommodation and be guaranteed a room (though it might not be a room of your choosing). See here.

I have a few friends doing politics and they like it, it seems like a good department.
Reply 18
Wilt
With Hull you have until the 1st September to apply for accommodation and be guaranteed a room (though it might not be a room of your choosing). See here.

I have a few friends doing politics and they like it, it seems like a good department.

aww thanks for the help proper appreciate it
Reply 19
After 3/4 hours of battling to get into track I finally get back in to find that it had already submitted!! (NB - When I clicked submit it took me to the "No response" page so I assumed it hadn't worked!)

Either way - I think Im safe to say I should be off to Uni? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending