The Student Room Group

Americans applying to university in the UK

Hey, guys! I just thought I'd start a thread where we can all talk about, freak out about, and discuss the application process to the UK. I'll start off by introducing myself! I was born in Canada but live outside Atlanta, GA and hope to study Classics/Classical Archaeology. Choices are in my sig. :biggrin:

Since September 1st is swiftly approaching, it'll be nice to have others to talk to as we try and get everything sorted in time to send it out! Looking forward to talking to you all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What part of the application process are you referring to? Isn't it a bit late to be applying or are you talking about the 2011/12 academic year?
Reply 2
ChantzFox
What part of the application process are you referring to? Isn't it a bit late to be applying or are you talking about the 2011/12 academic year?

2011/12 year. My bad, should have specified it in the title!
Hello there!!! Im going to apply for 2011 entry too! :awesome:
i know a few of americans who are using TSR and they were so nice and helpful. :smile:
they are going to UNI this sept. of 2010! :frown:
Reply 4
kristinaalovesu
i know a few of americans who are using TSR and they were so nice and helpful. :smile:

Hey! Nice to meet you! What subject are you applying for?
Reply 5
This thread may be of some use to you.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1246450
Reply 6
Oooh, thanks! I am a bit worried about finances and all but my subject is difficult to study thoroughly in the U.S. and I don't feel like wasting money on general ed.
EcstaticMuse
Hey! Nice to meet you! What subject are you applying for?

biology with french. :smile:
Nice to meet you too! If ever you need some help i can help you a BIT. :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
kristinaalovesu

Where are you applying to?
Reply 9
kristinaalovesu
biology with french. :smile:
Nice to meet you too! If ever you need some help i help you a BIT. :P

That's really exciting!
xSkyFire
Where are you applying to?

St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Royal Holloway, Cardiff/Bristol/Manchester/Edinburgh/UCL/im considering nottingham.
Reply 11
was in this position last year round this time :P now i'm off to university of manchester in just a couple weeks! good luck to all of you, the whole thing seemed terribly daunting at first but you'll make it through, promise xD
lacey521
was in this position last year round this time :P now i'm off to university of manchester in just a couple weeks! good luck to all of you, the whole thing seemed terribly daunting at first but you'll make it through, promise xD

OMG!!! You're now one of my inspiration here in tsr!! :awesome:
Hey all,

Received several offers from UK, and considering about 2 of them. 1 of them is giving me really big headache.

But looking forward to study in UK in the fall. Doing masters in business psychology (general terms). :cool:
Reply 14
Applying for law to LSE, UCL, Durham, Bristol, and Queen Mary. Finally finished UCAS. Finalized my personal statement over the weekend and have my refrence all filled out.
Reply 15
ChantzFox
It's all in the genes really come from a long line of coolness. :biggrin:

Fresh Prince was pretty cool
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
kristinaalovesu
St. Andrews, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Royal Holloway, Cardiff/Bristol/Manchester/Edinburgh/UCL/im considering nottingham.

KCL pls :frown:

Actually I'll hopefully be abroad at one of the UCs (hoping for UCLA or Berkeley) next year D:
Reply 17
Mikl6969
Yh Americans (not including the politicians) are just so funny and chilled out

I want to go America for my Masters :biggrin:

Whatchu talking about? Sarah Palin and John Mccain make me lol all the time :biggrin:.
Reply 18
kristinaalovesu
OMG!!! You're now one of my inspiration here in tsr!! :awesome:

awwh glad to inspire xD if you have any questions or wanna talk feel free to ask/pm me :smile: i know when i was applying i was dying to talk to someone who'd gone through the same thing haha.

my advice for now: dont get overwhelmed. just take it one day at a time. if i made it, you certainly can :biggrin: (my parents were dead set against me going haha, they've come around now but the whole thing was quite difficult without their support :P very happy i still managed now)
Reply 19
america has better universities than the u.k. You should go to an american university

Quick Reply