The Student Room Group

GCSE 'Points'?

Sorry if this thread has been created before, but I am not sure what these 'Points' are on my GCSE results. I only got 3 full GCSE results, because the rest of the GCSE results can be redone. For these 3 subjects I got 'points' but I am not sure what they count towards. So here are my results for the three subjects:

ICT: A* - 29 points

RS: A - 26 points

Astronomy: A - 52 points

What on earth are these 'points' and why the hell did I get 52 points for Astronomy? Are they anything to do with UCAS?

Thanks for any help.

Scroll to see replies

yeah i want to know as well
Reply 2
Where are these points? I don't seem to have any lol
I have 318 total GCSE points. No idea what it means tho
Reply 4
I got 52 or French A* and 52 for Astronomy A.
I'm also confused about these points?!
a*-58 a-52 b-46 etc to give your total gcse points score
halved for short courses
Reply 8
loopy786
I got 52 or French A* and 52 for Astronomy A.

That's weird. We get 52 for an A in one subject then 52 for an A* in another... now I am REALLY confused...
Reply 9
hey_its_nay
a*-58 a-52 b-46 etc to give your total gcse points score

No I got A* in ICT, but I got 29 points.....
Reply 10
I'm so glad I've found a discussion on this subject as I've been googleing it since my Daughter picked up her results earlier.She got Statistics A - 52 points and RS A - 26 points, the RS was only a 1 year short course so I'm assuming that is 1/2 a GCSE but she has As for other boards but no points for them - very confused!!
Reply 11
planetearth

Is it ICT short course?
planetearth

was it a short course?, on the first day of my sixth form they gave us this sheet to convert all our gcse's into an overall score to assess our ability and give us predictions. the scores your talking about sound similar
Reply 13
Got 58 for A*s and 52 for As, although I got 45 for an A in Add Maths FSMQ...
Are these UCAS points or not? It seems unlikely to me, but if not what are they for?
Reply 14
hey_its_nay
was it a short course, on the first day of my sixth form they gave us this sheet to convert all our gcse's into an overall score to assess our ability and give us predictions. the scores your talking about sound similar

Yeah it was, now I come to think about it. SO it is half a GCSE, 58/2 = 29. But how come somebody got 52 for an A in stronomy and 52 for an A* in French?

And what do these points actually count for?
planetearth

Yeah it was, now I come to think about it. SO it is half a GCSE, 58/2 = 29. But how come somebody got 52 for an A in stronomy and 52 for an A* in French?

And what do these points actually count for?

maybe it's a typo
they don't count towards anything really and for all the post above they're not ucas points
Reply 16
And whats the relevance of Grd1 and Grd2, for those 2 exams she got these points quoted for it's also got an A under Grd1 but nothing at all uinder either column for any other exam.?
Reply 18
Sorry, I made a mistake. On my sheet, I had a mistake. I got A* for French, but it's been written on because OCR had problems printing the grades, so I got 58 points for French, and 52 for Astronomy.... my bad.. :smile:
Reply 19
I also had to have my *s written on my sheet for English Lit and English in OCR....although the points said i had 52, which in OCR French was an A, i got 58 in Latin which was A* .... i'm hoping they've printed them correctly?!?!?!?! please help if anyone knows what this means, i'm hoping they've been marked right!!

Latest