The Student Room Group

Can you apply for more than one course at University?

Hi,
I was wondering if you can apply for more than one course at University? I've heard that you can, but I was confused because surely your personal statement wouldn't relate to two different subjects?
Any help?
Thanks!
You've certainly done some background reading.
Reply 2
Okay, I'll reword that :-)
I know it is possible to apply for different courses but is it worth stretching your personal statement so it has to cover two subjects or is a University more likely to accept you if you have just applied to one course and your personal statement justifies that one course?
Thanks
Reply 3
'Oh my Ms. Coffey
You've certainly done some background reading.'

calm down this is a site where you ask questions after all! decent question!

yes you can do two courses but you much make two different personal statements :smile:
Reply 4
yonzz

yes you can do two courses but you much make two different personal statements :smile:

Not true.

You can apply for all completely different courses if you want. But there is one personal statement, and one alone. How you balance what you put in the statement to reflect this is up to you. I applied for all similar subjects, so I couldn't begin to offer you advice on this. The wisdom of applying for different subjects in one application cycle, and how you might choose to write your PS to reflect this will take some serious consideration. But if you apply for two different subjects, you do not get to write two personal statements.
yonzz
'Oh my Ms. Coffey
You've certainly done some background reading.'

calm down this is a site where you ask questions after all! decent question!

sharing profound truths about the nature of TSR on your first visit. :congrats:

OP if something is "worth the risk" depends entirely on the circumstances/courses/your PS... etc... this can't be asked as a general question.
Reply 6
Okay thankyou :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending