The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Quiet People

Scroll to see replies

Jeffy91
Sure, but it's quite obvious it's going to be infested with avid party-goers.

It's the same case with a lot of uni's though and particularly in first year.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
stardustfactory
Where are you all?
Where are all the people that would rather stay in with a cocoa!
Or listen to rock/punk music!
or discuss science or serious issues
or like stuff that isn't mainstream!
:woo: :eek3: :eek3:

I'm finding it ever so difficult to make friends here.:frown:

Im not too quiet :smile: But I really like rock/punk/alternative !

btw where are U then ? :smile: :rolleyes:
Gavzzz
Stevie Wonder?

Erm, sorry no :P why, do i seem like i would be a stevie wonder fan?
Reply 43
senator88
Erm, sorry no :P why, do i seem like i would be a stevie wonder fan?

Nope, just the first thing that leaped into my head when you said you liked music from out of the charts... So what do you like then?
How do you know you won't like going out? And most people don't go out every night... it's usually 1, maybe 2 nights a week. Plus what's wrong with joining societies and if not making a society to give you something to do? By doing all of the above you'll actually find people who do like the stuff you mention whereas if you just sit in your room all night and mope about on TSR you're never going to find people who like doing the stuff you want to do.
Reply 45
Sounds like we all need a TSR meetup. The one we did last year was awesome - I love Handmade Burger Company.
i've join societies, they don't do much often and i have been "going out" and i dislike it. (in reply to fred ivanovic)

And i am in aston uni new build b2 (in reply or oZu)
Reply 47
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

Come and get me! I think our kind are few and far between.
Quiet people make up the majority of people I find, it's just we're hard to find... 'cos we're you know... quiet...
argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :/
Reply 50
Sounds exactly like me!
Similar course too woo! :biggrin:
It's a shame I haven't met many people like you at my university :frown:
I'm sure you'll find people with similar interests to you eventually :yep:
SaBzY
Sounds exactly like me!
Similar course too woo! :biggrin:
It's a shame I haven't met many people like you at my university :frown:
I'm sure you'll find people with similar interests to you eventually :yep:

I hope i find someone or a group of friends i fit in with, people keep saying i will, but i'm having little luck atm.

:eek3:
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

We seem to be at Cambridge:biggrin:

Edit: I know it's the Aston Forum but hey, I just thought I'd say....
(edited 13 years ago)
Thats too far... :P
I'm sort of the same. I prefer the quiet drink down the pub or a movie than the clubbing scene. It's just not really my sort of thing.

I'm passionate about science too, and I wish I had people to discuss stuff with. I'm at the uni of birmingham doing maths/computer science.
One day I'd like to meet you. Har har.
Reply 56
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

Good God, yes. I don't go to Aston but it's the same down here: almost everyone, certainly in my building, is so normal. All about clubbing, working out, dressing like a slut, and not having much of a personality. The cadre they've been brought up in I can't begin to understand. I like to party, so the first one isn't me, but the rest - I'd kill for it. I thought university was meant to be a haven for all the smart, slightly odd people who didn't fit in at school.
Reply 57
stardustfactory
Where are you all?

Same. Finding it overly noisy tonight as it seems that everyone who has been out partying has now got back. I feel like I know no one compared to everyone else.
We should definitely do something like it's been suggested if people are up for it.
I can't believe the response i have got from this lol i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one though :tongue:

Wow maths and computer science, there is someone doing computer science here and two pharmacy students however... there not actually into science that much and they party and get drunk most nights, even during the week they go out and get drunk so its not just weekends and they come in early in the morning 3am/4am and wake me up when i have 9am lectures :frown: (in reply to DJB MASTER)

So yeah i feel ever so lonely here, i thought i might find odd, essentric people or people really into the subjects they are studying and because i am doing biomed i thought they would be nice caring people as it is a course to work in a hospital lab and help save peoples lives which is essentially what i would like to do but.. no that isn't the case, and the amount of people that are doing the degree not to be a biomedical scientist.. its shocking :tongue: and nearly all hate microscope work :s-smilie: okay i will stop ranting now lol

Yes we should do something ^^

Quick Reply

Latest