The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School applicants 2011

Thought I'll make a Durham thread as last year I don't think there was one. Whos applying to Durham - has anyone applied to both Newcastle and Durham ?

Scroll to see replies

I have applied to Newcastle/Durham so don't know which I am going to get yet :biggrin:
Reply 2
a moist feeling
I have applied to Newcastle/Durham so don't know which I am going to get yet :biggrin:

Good luck with your application! I just wanted to find out how you revised for your UKCAT as you got a brilliant score!
Reply 3
Ewwwww NEWCASTLE UNI all the way, forget durham!
Reply 4
Medicz
Ewwwww NEWCASTLE UNI all the way, forget durham!

Forget youuuuu lol
Reply 5
Hyperbole08
Forget youuuuu lol

Ewwwwwwwwwww Durham! why would you want to live in a place for 2 years and then have to MOVE again.

Gosh, so silly.
Reply 6
Durham is cool. I am here now. Good choice.
Reply 7
Medicz
Ewwwwwwwwwww Durham! why would you want to live in a place for 2 years and then have to MOVE again.

Gosh, so silly.

I want to do medicine :biggrin: Anywhere will do to be honest! :yep: Where've you applied?
Reply 8
Apparently durham is easier to get into than newcastle? That's what admissions told me over the phone.. it's not as popular. Anybody else heard this? I hope i get an interview got 690. And all of you above have like 900. lol.
Reply 9
jazzy1234
Apparently durham is easier to get into than newcastle? That's what admissions told me over the phone.. it's not as popular. Anybody else heard this? I hope i get an interview got 690. And all of you above have like 900. lol.

Aye, you have to be at Stockton campus for two years, absolutely horrible dive that place, that's why it's less popular.

Durham although a nice place to live, and to look at is, well... a personal acquired taste I think.:rolleyes:

However Newcastle is, well, as has been said the greatest student city in the country, and even when you're done being a student, it is pretty damn amazing then too, fantastic place. :yep:
Reply 10
Hyperbole08
I want to do medicine :biggrin: Anywhere will do to be honest! :yep: Where've you applied?

Imperial, Newcastle, Barts & Kings (In order of Preference)
You?

jazzy1234

Nope, i got 698. Im with you ;D
Reply 11
Hi,
I have applied for medicine at Durham this year, just had a phone call and recieved an interview on 4th of November.

I got 2840 UKCAT and am predicted 3As at A level. However, i have no/little work experience.

Any advice or tips for interview?? :smile:
Reply 12
I've applied! I put no preference regarding campus, but I think I would prefer Durham... :smile:
Worried about UKCAT too though, I got 705; hope Newcastle/Durham don't have a silly cut-off this year like Sheffield probably will! :/
xx
Reply 13
Robyn112
Hi,
I have applied for medicine at Durham this year, just had a phone call and recieved an interview on 4th of November.

I got 2840 UKCAT and am predicted 3As at A level. However, i have no/little work experience.

Any advice or tips for interview?? :smile:

I have a interview on the 4th as well :grouphugs:
Reply 14
Hello,

I had an interview at durham last year, I had litte work experience too - only two weeks in the local city's hospital and a week in a GP's. They really grilled me about it. Didnt get in. :frown:

Good luck though. :eek3:
Reply 15

Hi,

Any advice or tips for interview??

YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW? WHATTT??!!! That's crazy! Did you put durham campus down or no preference ?? That's amazing though congrats on getting an interview so early. Really jealous!
interviews already? We had to wait an absolute age.
Reply 17
did you get notified via UCAS as well as by telephone? well done btw:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by brenro
did you get notified via UCAS as well as by telephone? well done btw:smile:

I found out by phone. Nothings changed on UCAS - thats all the same as before.
Hmmm a bit strange people are getting interviewed at this early stage to be honest. Seeing as they use the UKCAT to rank applicants....so this must mean they have the scores?

Quick Reply