The Student Room Group

Middle Easterners...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sushidelight
I swear, sometimes, I think people have read a little too much into Arabian Nights or something..... odd. I was sitting next to this random person, who happened to be Indian, at the Library, and here is how the conversation evolved...

"Oh you Arab? Ohhh! I always wanted to meet one here. I never find."
"Really? Wow...I wish I could avoid them that successfully."
"Hah you funny...oh your so lucky...your skin is white but you're not white."
"............ok."
"Would you ever live in Dubai??
"............maybe."
"............with someone like me?"

.... odd.

:rofl2: :rofl:

I've lived in Saudi Arabia all my life if that counts. :laugh:
Sushidelight
Out of sheer curiosity... how many does TSR have? I found one fellow Iraqi... which I found quite cool. Any more? Have any of my wonderful Arab brethren also infiltrated the likes of TSR?

* My ethnicity is mixed: Arab, Kurd, Turk & Persian. Luckily for me, they all LOVE each other so much, no conflicts, no problemos...[sarcasm] :biggrin:

Yalla, beace out habibi. :cool:

I'm from the greater middle east (if that counts)! :yep:
starsdream2

A lot of muslims use the words 'akhi' etc due to the whole language of the Q'uran being in arabic and a sense of muslim identity. I don't know about urdu but if it's like pashto then there are words that are similar/ just derived from arabic so poor attack on the pakistanis. :rolleyes:

Oh I know, but put yourself in my position, as a female...FEMALE...every now and then, "Salam akhi" :biggrin:

starsdream2
The 'tea towel scarf' isn't just for arabs or Taliban wannabes. It doesn't represent anything much here. Wearing it doesn't mean you're trying to be anything.

My only reply to this...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-yassir-arracat.jpg

Please don't be offended, I don't mean to insult all...
Reply 63
Ramin Gorji
Iranian and proud :wink:

Iranians are FIT :smile:
Reply 64
Yes Boi! Let's Eat Dolma!
Reply 65
I'm middle eastern too :smile:
Reply 66
Any Yemenis?
Figured not.:getmecoat:
Sushidelight
Khosh amadid!

merci vali farseyam zeyad khoob nist :frown:
Reply 68
Rassam

I had Dolma for dinner :smile:
bahar_bp
Iranians are FIT :smile:

Thank you :P im guessing your iranian too, bahar sounds rather iranian to me. :P
Reply 70
bahar_bp
I had Dolma for dinner :smile:

Standard! Where you from?
Ramin Gorji
merci vali farseyam zeyad khoob nist :frown:

At least you didn't "learn" Fari from Googoosh... I either depress people or offend them. :frown:

Oh hello. Too zendoonam, Baa to man azadam
Reply 72
Ramin Gorji
Thank you :P im guessing your iranian too, bahar sounds rather iranian to me. :P

you guessed it right :P
Reply 73
Rassam
Standard! Where you from?

Iran
lechaton-x
Ahaha! Thank you :smile: I suppose it's my degree choice and I've got a little quote in Arabic script on my profile. Maybe because I have dark hair too...? :s-smilie:

My favourite message has been...

'Sorry if this sounds really weird, but do arabic girls have anything against dating white, english guys?? Like morals or whatever, religious beliefs etc?

I just want to know as I find them so pretty like sewriously one of the most pretty races on this planet!'

I was just like :lolwhut: 'How am I supposed to know?!'

In my experiences, yes.
Rassam

I miss dolma... and tabsi... timan wa qeema..... kubat hamuth... :cry2:
aww really wish I was Middle Eastern I want to do Arabic + Middle Eastern studies at either Edinburgh or St. Andrews or even Arabic and Persian at Edinburgh which would be AMAZING!!! I love the Middle East you guys are all so lucky!!!
Reply 77
Ramin Gorji
Iranian and proud :wink:

:ditto:

:woo:

Charlottie93
aww really wish I was Middle Eastern I want to do Arabic + Middle Eastern studies at either Edinburgh or St. Andrews or even Arabic and Persian at Edinburgh which would be AMAZING!!! I love the Middle East you guys are all so lucky!!!

Hope you manage to get into the course you want, learning Arabic is pretty hard though. :sadnod:
Sushidelight
Oh I know, but put yourself in my position, as a female...FEMALE...every now and then, "Salam akhi" :biggrin:

My only reply to this...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-yassir-arracat.jpg

Please don't be offended, I don't mean to insult all...

Lol aha in that case poor you! I get the same from my Norweigan cousins who try to speak my language and end up saying things like 'the weather today is full of goats' :p:

Aha I wasn't offended previously or now :smile: I just thought I had better help the Pakistanis out :wink: I should send that picture to everyone who wears the scarf to rep 'Taliban' or any other retarded thing.
Reply 79
?!master?!mini?!
In my experiences, yes.

ooh you're Arab too? What country? :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending