The Student Room Group

mechanical, electronic, electrical, civil, industrial... ?

im studying the final year of my a-level . im doing maths,physics,business studies and further maths . i did chemistry last year but dropped it and took f. maths instead as i found myself enjoying maths . im very good at maths and i love business studies so much . however, as im an international student i decided to study a degree in engineering in opposed to business/finance because engineering has more potential where i come from and in the uk in case i decided to settle here .
i have not decided which engineering course i should do . im very good at maths and fairly good at physics .

which of the engineering courses would suite me better and which one has potential in the UK and worldwide as well ?

thanks in advance .
Reply 1
Hmm, I wouldn't pick a course just because it has more potential, just pick what you think you will like. I do aerospace but to be honest, if you are not sure on what engineering sector to choose, mechanical seems to better bet. The best uni's for engineering (in no particular order) that I know off are: Southampton, Bristol, Sheffield, Leeds etc.

Theres a lot of maths in engineering so you'll like that aspect. Theres a little physics but its more understanding the basic theory but applying mathematical derivations etc.

Latest