The Student Room Group

200-220 UCAs points universities

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried York St John?

Out of those I would say Anglia Ruskin (which campus?) and Man Met???

:smile:
Reply 2
ucas course search them
Original post by DA90
York St John looks pretty tiny!

I live in London and if I move I want to be able to access London from time to time for gigs and stuff.

Anglia Rusking says it's in Cambridge, Chelmsford and SEEVIC? lol

Man Met is based at the All Saints.

I'm considering going for Man Met as the politics course looks like a piece of cake, nothing I don't know also it's 2 hours from London and I'm used to living in big cities.

York St John isn't that tiny and York is a nice city and not that far from London :smile:

Anglia Ruskin - I think you could probably pick the campus, but I don't know what SEEVIC is? If you want to stay close to London, Chelmsford is only like 1hr on the train to central London so that would probably be best.

Uni a piece of cake? Really? I hope it is :smile:

Yeah Manchester is a big city and not that far!!

Do you want to go into politics or business management though?

Anyway, hope this helps!!!
Reply 4
Original post by urbanshoemyth
York St John isn't that tiny and York is a nice city and not that far from London :smile:

Anglia Ruskin - I think you could probably pick the campus, but I don't know what SEEVIC is? If you want to stay close to London, Chelmsford is only like 1hr on the train to central London so that would probably be best.

Uni a piece of cake? Really? I hope it is :smile:

Yeah Manchester is a big city and not that far!!

Do you want to go into politics or business management though?

Anyway, hope this helps!!!

York is atleast 7 hours away from London!
It's a nice campus though, walked past it the other day and it has some nice buildings - right near the city walls aswell so there is easy access to York which is a beautiful city.

If you only want to be near London just for access for gigs, you should consider that a lot of gigs go on in Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds and York isn't that far away from them. Plenty of direct trains.

You could look at Leeds Met/Liverpool Hope/Sheffield Hallam? I'm sure they're around that grade range :smile:

Also OP I highly recommend Hull as a choice, I live fairly near there and the University is so lovely and the people of Hull (despite the bad press) are very nice - great nightlife too (not that I go to clubs... :rolleyes:). I don't know about the other Uni's but Hull is a good Uni :biggrin:
Original post by DA90
Neither do I! lol Chelmsford? thats not even on the uni league table!

I don't want to go into anything, I'm just going to uni to have fun, I don't care about employability crap and stuff like that, I rather be the one employing, so any degree is good and I enjoy is fine with me.

Yeah it kinda helped :wink:

PS It already takes me 1 hour to get to central London and I live here! lol

No, Chelmsford is part of Anglia Ruskin, it's one of the campuses so it wouldn't be on the league table by it's self.

You don't want to go into anything, yet you want to be the one employing? Ok...
Original post by DA90
good unis which meet the 200-220 entry

Contradiction, surely...
Reply 7
Staffordshire are in the 200 range.
Original post by mellie220
It's a nice campus though, walked past it the other day and it has some nice buildings - right near the city walls aswell so there is easy access to York which is a beautiful city.

If you only want to be near London just for access for gigs, you should consider that a lot of gigs go on in Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds and York isn't that far away from them. Plenty of direct trains.

You could look at Leeds Met/Liverpool Hope/Sheffield Hallam? I'm sure they're around that grade range :smile:

Also OP I highly recommend Hull as a choice, I live fairly near there and the University is so lovely and the people of Hull (despite the bad press) are very nice - great nightlife too (not that I go to clubs... :rolleyes:). I don't know about the other Uni's but Hull is a good Uni :biggrin:

York is only 2 hours (roughly) by train from London and I have been talking about trains ie. Chelmsford to London...
Reply 9
Original post by mellie220

I really love York ^__^ And I live in London, it's not 7 hours away. It takes just over 2 hours by train to get there.
Original post by DA90
Yeah of course I'll become self employed :wink:

But in what industry?
Original post by DA90
Right I will have a look at York....

Thats for me to know and you to find out :wink:

But if you are deciding between Politics and Management it would be a good idea to know, I don't care if you tell me or not...
Reply 12
UEL is around 200 points I think...
Reply 13
Original post by DA90
Neither do I! lol Chelmsford? thats not even on the uni league table!

I don't want to go into anything, I'm just going to uni to have fun, I don't care about employability crap and stuff like that, I rather be the one employing, so any degree is good and I enjoy is fine with me.

Yeah it kinda helped :wink:

PS It already takes me 1 hour to get to central London and I live here! lol

Going to uni solely to have fun and do a degree you don't care about? You won't last five minutes. Save yourself the trouble that comes with 20k+ debt if I were you.
Original post by DA90
It's not just about the subjects because the politics course at MMU has units which I already know about as for other unis which have politics courses they teach different things which I have no interest in... and as for business management it should be pretty easy for me since I've studied it already, so not really deciding, I'm trying to pick something which I will get a first class degree :wink:

Oh right...

You would probably get a better career with a Management degree though (considering you want to be self employed and would therefore have basic business knowledge)

Just remember it is not all about getting a first :smile:
Original post by DA90
From what I know employers don't care which subject area you have a degree in and not many people have first class degrees and becoming self employed is just one of the options for me, so for example if I decided to look for a job and I had a first degree I would probably have a better chance...hope you understand :tongue:

I know, but it could be more beneficial to you to do a degree than would be more related to the career that you want. It's just my opinion, but that it what I am doing :smile:
Original post by DA90
Well with politics I could start working for a law firm and with business management I could start with something in the financial sector but I wanna start my own affiliate marketing business. :wink:

How about do both? Problem sorted lol
Original post by DA90
Well at the moment I'm in the process of "starting up" the whole business which should take me a month or 2 and if it doesn't work out I'll go to uni and do one of the mentioned degrees lol :wink:

Oh right...

Well good luck with everything :smile:
Has to be a troll.
Original post by ilickbatteries
Has to be a troll.

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending