The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

A badnight on the betting front for me. Man City played awfully. Hoping liverpool can win though!
Reply 3821
Lost about 50p or so when I calculate all the bets I made tonight so not very productive night
Reply 3822
I think City losing messed up a lot of bets last night, though that's why the house always wins I suppose.
Think I'll put 50p on a few different accumulators tomorrow. A double on Newcastle to beat Arsenal and West Brom to beat Man City is also looking mighty tempting.
Reply 3824
Ive heard about the refer deal at betfair , i could give you a code that means once youve bet £25 your account is given a free £25. Pm me if you want code
Reply 3825
After completely messing up a back on the Genk game and trading out for a fair loss, got some luck here.

Fixtures 05 November / Rochdale v FC United Manchester / Match Odds
The Draw Lay 12666753895 05-Nov-10
21:36 1.28 11.00 1.27 05-Nov-10 21:37

FC United Manchester Back 12666686259 05-Nov-10
21:30 12 2.00 12 05-Nov-10 21:30

FC United Manchester Lay 12666602249 05-Nov-10
21:21 1.85 11.76 1.83 05-Nov-10 21:21
Haven't done an accumulator for a while, any tips for tomorrow?
Will probs have a double on the Prem and an accy for the FA Cup. May even be tempted to go into the Coral down the road and grab both a sections and goals list. :colone:
Reply 3828
Would recommend goals bets today in the Cup, has worked for CL, EL and CC so far this season :cool:

Might back Bolton.
Don't really feel comfortable today with the fixtures, this whole weekend doesn't look that good fixture-wise. I might have to bet on the English Premiership. :facepalm2: I'll wait 'til the lines up are out, teams I'm looking at:

Blackburn
Birmingham
Fulham
Nurnberg/Braunschweig
Padova/Man Utd

:bandit:
Put an accumulator on Celtic, Birmingham, Villa and Tottenham in the Premiership.
Double on Newcastle and West Brom.
Accumulator on Scunthorpe, QPR, Coventry, Derby and Barnsley.
Accumulator on a few FA Cup fixtures.
A couple of doubles on a few not too far fetched cup upsets.
And a double on Brest and Wolfsburg.
:holmes:
I'll probably come away with nothing, but oh well.
I had man united to win, they scored in the 94th min, will I receive winnings?
Original post by Revolution is my Name
Put an accumulator on Celtic, Birmingham, Villa and Tottenham in the Premiership.
Double on Newcastle and West Brom.
Accumulator on Scunthorpe, QPR, Coventry, Derby and Barnsley.
Accumulator on a few FA Cup fixtures.
A couple of doubles on a few not too far fetched cup upsets.
And a double on Brest and Wolfsburg.
:holmes:
I'll probably come away with nothing, but oh well.

:facepalm2:
All of the ones with matches today have gone. The only one I got right on the top one was Celtic for christ's sake. So I'm relying on Newcastle and West Brom tommorrow, which isn't the best situation to be in.
Reply 3833
Original post by -Aaron-

Might back Bolton.

Good stuff.

Also had a Boro/Sunderland double which came through.

Went to the United-Wolves game and as a Wolves fan had a cheeky £1 @ 9/1 on 1-1 full time score, last minute goal was a killer not just for this bet wise. :frown:

Basketball: -£30.73 | Soccer: £71.19 | Tennis: £8.57 | Tote: | Total P&L: £49.03

Also, going wrong somewhere here. :tongue:

That said half the Basketball losses were an attempt at guaranteeing profit on a multiple which won had I let it ride but meh.
Bristol City/Preston game let me down :frown: Had city for a win. Would have been £80 :frown:
Reply 3835
Don't you lot ever bet on completely one-sided games, such as early FA Cup ties?

edit: I have very, very little knowledge of betting
Original post by Planar
Don't you lot ever bet on completely one-sided games, such as early FA Cup ties?

edit: I have very, very little knowledge of betting

The odds are usually very bad and the top teams never put out their strongest sides.
Reply 3837
Original post by Zerforax
The odds are usually very bad and the top teams never put out their strongest sides.

Regarding the strongest side thing: bet on singles tennis. Only one team to go out. And as for the other point: so what? Chances of loss are very small. If you're betting to make money, it's great - although if it's for the thrill, it'd suck.
Reply 3838
New Orleans Hornets 2.46 £20.51 £29.94
Ref: 12681969010 Bet placed: 00:26 07-Nov-10

also £5.41 double on Hornets and Spurs.

Tennis can be a nightmare to bet on, sometimes best left alone, or use Betfair to bet on it and trade.
I've been wondering, can you get money out of those gambling programs/sites that promise things like "double your first £100 deposit" or "free £10 bet", especially with games like roulette. Obviously it's designed to get people hooked, but how quickly can you cash it out?

(Sorry, not football related)

Quick Reply

Latest