The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to make a thread for anyone to comment on applications, interviews etc for 2011 cycles for:
- Early Years Education (with QTS)
- Primary Early Years Education
- Primary Education (3-7)
if you've applied please put where to, would be great to know people are in the same boat as me!!

I've applied to Edge Hill, Chester, York St John, UWE and MMU.

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for starting this thread. I've applied for Primary pgce (3-7).

I've applied to Oxford Brookes as my first choice then Reading though to be honest I'm pretty stuffed if I don't get into Brookes as Reading is too far for me to travel.
Reply 2
good luck to you all! im applying next year, im in my 1st year of a levels. so hopefully you guys can give me some advice! :biggrin: good luck.
Reply 3
Hiya!
I've applied to study Primary Education with QTS at Trinity University College, UWE and Birmingham City University, Early Years Education Studies at UWIC, and Education Studies at Cardiff Uni :smile:
xx
Reply 4
Ive applied for primary teaching at Brighton. Durham Nottingham Trent and Reading

Primary teaching w/ languages at CCCU
Reply 5
Hey

I've applied for primary education at Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee.

When did you all submit your application?

Xxx
Reply 6
I'm applying to do PGCE Lower Primary at Goldsmiths and General Primary at Greenwich.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. I hope my referee gets a move on soon!
Reply 7
Original post by gemimajam
Hey

I've applied for primary education at Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee.

When did you all submit your application?

Xxx

Hey I submitted my application about 3 weeks ago, but I've not heard anything yet :/ what about you? xxx
Reply 8
Original post by pansypotter
I'm applying to do PGCE Lower Primary at Goldsmiths and General Primary at Greenwich.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. I hope my referee gets a move on soon!

My referee took ages, it got to the point where I emailed them everyday, just to hurry them up! I was getting so stressed!
Reply 9
Edge hill is a great place to study teaching.
Reply 10
Original post by My Life
Edge hill is a great place to study teaching.

Hey, are you studying at edge hill now or have you in the past, I've got a few questions for you if you are, hope you don't mind???
Reply 11
Original post by Hannah124
Hey, are you studying at edge hill now or have you in the past, I've got a few questions for you if you are, hope you don't mind???

Hi,
Go ahead, I didn't go there but visited and my sister goes there and she tells me all about it, ask ahead.
Reply 12
Original post by My Life
Hi,
Go ahead, I didn't go there but visited and my sister goes there and she tells me all about it, ask ahead.

Thank you so much!!
1) I applied 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet (I'm applying for early years education) :/, How long was it before your sister heard anything?

2) On the open day they said that you may be sent to placements as far as the Isle of Man!! Has your sister been sent (or know anyone that has been sent) ridiculously far?

3) what's the student life like?

4) and how are the students assessed?

Thanks again for your help! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Hannah124
Thank you so much!!
1) I applied 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet (I'm applying for early years education) :/, How long was it before your sister heard anything?

2) On the open day they said that you may be sent to placements as far as the Isle of Man!! Has your sister been sent (or know anyone that has been sent) ridiculously far?

3) what's the student life like?

4) and how are the students assessed?

Thanks again for your help! :smile:

Hi there Hannah,
1.) Well it can take atleast 1 month for them to review your placement, compare others etc.
2.) Yes but very rarely, you should get sent to the closest available.
3.) Student life is like, your living by yourself! No-one to boss you about, you can live in halls and have your own room, go shopping, partying attending lectures. etc. Its amazing, but you shouldn't mess other people's life, by saying cruel words that can really offend them because if the head of the halls get to know they can easily kick you out.
4.) Students are assessed in by how they complete work, obviosuly you get lots of things to complete, so its like completing a profile.

No problem, and I hope this helps you.
Thanks.
My life.
Reply 14
I've applied for Primary Teaching X120 at Sheffield Hallam, Cumbria (Lancaster) and Edge Hill! And Primary Teaching: General X101 at Durham (Stockton).

I've got interviews at Cumbria and Edge Hill in the coming weeks.
Still waiting to hear back from Sheffield and Durham!

Good luck all future teachers!
Reply 15
Hi Hannah:smile:

I sent my application off at the end of September... Not heard anything yet tho, just emails from the uni's saying that they had recieved my application and would begin reviewing it.

Are you still at school just now?

Xx
Reply 16
Original post by nataliexo
I've applied for Primary Teaching X120 at Sheffield Hallam, Cumbria (Lancaster) and Edge Hill! And Primary Teaching: General X101 at Durham (Stockton).

I've got interviews at Cumbria and Edge Hill in the coming weeks.
Still waiting to hear back from Sheffield and Durham!

Good luck all future teachers!

When did you send your UCAs off? I am applying to Durham and Cumbria for Primary as well and am still waiting for interviews. I think I sent mine nearly 4 weeks ago.
Reply 17
Original post by Shynnagh
When did you send your UCAs off? I am applying to Durham and Cumbria for Primary as well and am still waiting for interviews. I think I sent mine nearly 4 weeks ago.

I sent it at the end of September.
I heard from cumbria this time last week!
Durham haven't got back to me yet, but this seems to be the case with everyone i've spoken to.
I hope you get some interviews soon though ;[
Check your emails, cumbria didn't use ucas - they emailed me?
Reply 18
Hey
I've applied for General Primary at Chester and Primary Education at Bangor, Edge Hill, Gloucestershire and LJMU. :smile:

I've got interviews at Edge Hill and Gloucestershire at the end of November.
Has anyone else applied to these universities?
Reply 19
Original post by My Life
Hi there Hannah,
1.) Well it can take atleast 1 month for them to review your placement, compare others etc.
2.) Yes but very rarely, you should get sent to the closest available.
3.) Student life is like, your living by yourself! No-one to boss you about, you can live in halls and have your own room, go shopping, partying attending lectures. etc. Its amazing, but you shouldn't mess other people's life, by saying cruel words that can really offend them because if the head of the halls get to know they can easily kick you out.
4.) Students are assessed in by how they complete work, obviosuly you get lots of things to complete, so its like completing a profile.

No problem, and I hope this helps you.
Thanks.
My life.

you are such a great help, thank you!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest