Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RedRevolver
From the PPR department?

'Cause if so, mine's not on there, haha.

Tsch. :p:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by cambo211
I just got sent 21 email adresses.

1 of which is yours :p:

although i don't know which

One of which is mine from PPR too :P
Original post by ponpon14
One of which is mine from PPR too :P

And I know which one, muahaha :wink:
Reply 43
Original post by RedRevolver
And I know which one, muahaha :wink:

Any chance we could get the actual powerpoints put up on LUVLE as well as the lecture notes?
It helps me when im going over my notes/
Reply 44
Any chance we could get the actual powerpoints put up on LUVLE as well as the lecture notes?

What module are you in? Makes a big difference. Some lecturers outright refuse cos they think it makes us lazy...i know...annoying
Reply 45
Original post by ponpon14
What module are you in? Makes a big difference. Some lecturers outright refuse cos they think it makes us lazy...i know...annoying

Poli100.

I just find it easier to go over stuff when i can go through it with the powerpoints.
Reply 46
Are launderettes open 24/7? I could go now methinks...
Reply 47
Original post by Forwen
Are launderettes open 24/7? I could go now methinks...

Yeah they are.

I don't know about the others but county launderette is usually busiest between midnight and 1AM.

Do you have a decent camera?

What I do in lectures is take my camera along, stand it on the desk so I'm able to have my hands off it, therefore it is completely stationary, and take a photo of every slide.

If you are a bit careful with the positioning then you can get pretty much perfect pictures of each slide and then read through them later.
Reply 49
Original post by mackemforever

What I do in lectures is take my camera along, stand it on the desk so I'm able to have my hands off it, therefore it is completely stationary, and take a photo of every slide.

If you are a bit careful with the positioning then you can get pretty much perfect pictures of each slide and then read through them later.

It'd be possible if it wasn't in george fox :p:
Original post by mackemforever

See if I tried that I'd probably end up leaving the flash on and looking like a complete oaf :facepalm2:
Hey guys can you vote for my idea please, I'm a student at lancaster university studying Management and Entrepreneurship in my second year!

http://lancs.beermatchallenge.co.uk/idea/470

Just click on that link and click "good idea". I'm in second so help me win!

If anyone has any questions about what my course is like, just message me!

Thanks
Reply 52
I'm considering Lancaster as one of my 5 choices, but I'm a little worried that it will be a little quiet. I've heard really good things about the uni itself but not sure about the surrounding area.
What do people who are studying there think of it?
Reply 53
Original post by lydia28
I'm considering Lancaster as one of my 5 choices, but I'm a little worried that it will be a little quiet. I've heard really good things about the uni itself but not sure about the surrounding area.
What do people who are studying there think of it?

The social life is brilliant and depending on what societies your in you can be doing something every day of the week.

The uni cinema shows 3 different films a week. This term we've had fims such as Lebanon, Toy Story 3, Four Lions and Inception.

Manchesters only a short train ride away should you need to do any major shopping :p:

Depending on which societies you join you may find that you have a weekend social away in the nearby lake district.

Really it's down to you. If you want to be out doing something every day of the week it's quite easy to do so :smile:
Reply 54
Why does lancaster have no snow :frown:
Reply 55
We had a reasonable amount last night...I managed to go sledging near the rugby field next to Bowland.
**** snow. In the ass.
Reply 57
We've had nothing compared to everywhere else
It's not Lancaster, it's the north west in general. Manchester's had very little too.

Don't think much (if any) is scheduled for the rest of the week either. But my flatmates have put up a tree and have started playing christmas music, and with my small bit of chocolate tomorrow morning, it's just very, very slowly starting to feel like christmas :smile:
Reply 59
I'm about to deliver my cards to the rest of the floor :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending