The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex Rallye
I doubt he has four towers under there. Basically you can select other screens to run from the same PC. It usually works by sliding windows off the RHS if your original screen and they appear on the second/third. I use this for itunes, cos im too lazy to switch windows on one.

Plug a second one in using another monitor cable, blue ends with small screws in usually. Then right click your desktop and click "Properties" then "Settings" the options are there for secondary screens. Make sense?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodness. i've tried to ask my dad before how it works and he starts spewing out computer terminology that i dont understand (he's a computer engineer) and whenever i tell him to "translate that to english, please" he can't. so, thank you for explaining something in english terms, rather than computer terms. :smile: i actually understand what you're saying and don't feel like a dumbass now.
Original post by katyness
I wish I could post something but Im not at uni so it would be silly, wouldnt it?

I'm now a receptionist/graduate and I'll post my desk probably tomorrow when I bring my camera in (need to sort out some amateur photography :wink: )

I do however have a large green glass desk with CCTV terminal & a really ancient desktop.

I also have pretty flowers...my desk, all MINE!
I want to post mine :frown:. It's too much of a mess atm though, I can barely move my mouse, maybe I will tidy it this evening.
Mine, excuse the quality, taken on a Kodak ZX1

it looks much nicer when it's tidy...

Original post by kristinaalovesu
what are you eating? :p:

Right, BEFORE:

After:

Happy room = Happy grady
Reply 66
Original post by gradyhawks
I will clean it up later on today and then do a re-take. I always need to re-arange everything every time I clean my desk!

EDIT: Sod it, will clean up now! :biggrin:

That looks identical to my boyfriend's room last year. Is it Unite?
Original post by LemonPi
That looks identical to my boyfriend's room last year. Is it Unite?

Yeah is, all look the damned same!
Reply 68
Original post by gradyhawks
Yeah is, all look the damned same!

Haha, it's really strange seeing a room looking so similar to his. Those curtains... couldn't mistake them :tongue:.
Reply 69

And from a different angle:

Just for the record, the bottle of jagermeister is empty and not even mine. I took it as a trophy from next door's house party the other night. I only had one shot from the whole bottle! (and that was all I drank that night...forcing myself to live off almost no money for half a week can be quite depressing when you can't afford to drink)
Original post by Anoodles
:eek: Minefield alert!! How do you navigate your way through all that well placed toot...? :lol:

I was intrigued after posting this, so I had a quick sift through it.

Found a water bill, an unopened pen from WHSmiths, CD of printer software, CD of my music from home which I still havent put onto my computer, and a food storage clip thing. And that's just the start of it.

Hmmmmm. Sometime I should tidy it... I would look worse if there was a "Post your floor!" thread. The floor is rapidly disappearing.
Original post by worldscollide
it looks much nicer when it's tidy...

A Mac? How could you :mad:

Hhaa, my university has quite a lot of Macs. I tried to find the J: drive, and couldn't find anything remotely like "My Computer". Then I tried to find the right mouse button. I gave up and tried to log off. That took about 10 minutes to work out.
quite an old picture

you don't know how long it took to save up for these!
Hopefully selling both of these before university and putting it towards a higher end Macbook Pro.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 73
This is mine, though it's changed a lot since I took the photo- there's a lot more Skittles vodka on the desk now.

Desk of the modern man:

Reply 75
Original post by iainvg
This was my desk from 1st year, ATi Eyefinity setup is awesome (dont use it much like that anymore) 6048x1080 continuous screen resolution. It is slightly OTT :colondollar:

we have a winner...

unless somebody has one of these lying around

awesome set-up dude!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 76
3x 24" monitors (on my first desk) other desk has a laptop and a 19" monitor

i win for tidiest desk

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by asciido

You forgot to clean up your old crusty semen catchers. You filthy bastard. God, and you have a gamer set up. What kind of gamer doesn't think of hygeine in between wanks?!
Reply 78
Original post by Irrelevance
You forgot to clean up your old crusty semen catchers. You filthy bastard. God, and you have a gamer set up. What kind of gamer doesn't think of hygeine in between wanks?!

you disgust me -

i have bad hay-fever (photos from summer)
Original post by Irrelevance

I really don't see how that's a gamer's set up, you could never play and win like that....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending