The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Applied for English and so far no joy! Anyone know how long it could take for English.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 41
ahh I got an offer for biological sciences and have been invited to a post-offer day to come and look round everything! neither of my parents can come, so I'll be heading down on my tod :redface: am hoping the university is easy to find from the train station cause I am crap with directions/maps :p:
Reply 42
Original post by Mighty Moe
Yup applied to Cardiff for V100 History.

I'm applying to Cardiff too for History but i've already got my grades, i got AAB but i was stressing a bit cos my college hasn;t sent my application to ucas yet and i've heard a lot of people are already getting offers from Cardiff for History!! So has anyone got a history offer yet??? should i be worried?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mally-xo
ahh I got an offer for biological sciences and have been invited to a post-offer day to come and look round everything! neither of my parents can come, so I'll be heading down on my tod :redface: am hoping the university is easy to find from the train station cause I am crap with directions/maps :p:

You'll want to get a train to Cathays (you'll have to switch at Cardiff Central). The Cathays station is across the road from the University itself and right by the bioscience building :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by el pollo diablo
You'll want to get a train to Cathays (you'll have to switch at Cardiff Central). The Cathays station is across the road from the University itself and right by the bioscience building :smile:

aww nice one, thanks very much! should hopefully be able to find it now. I have no sense of direction :tongue: I'll probably just follow people that look like potential open-day visitors haha
Original post by catia333
I'm applying to Cardiff too for History but i've already got my grades, i got AAB but i was stressing a bit cos my college hasn;t sent my application to ucas yet and i've heard a lot of people are already getting offers from Cardiff for History!! So has anyone got a history offer yet??? should i be worried?

I got an offer yesterday from Cardiff, AAB. Don't worry, there are people who leave it as late as January to send it off, just get it done ASAP and you should be all right. Good luck.
I'm pretty sure that interviews are compulsory :smile:

I'm applying to Cardiff for Nursing. Hopefully get my application sent off by the end of this month.
Reply 47
I've applied for the BSc Mathematics and got an invitation to their ucas open day but no offer so far.. has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 48
Nothing for English Lit yet? I'm guessing interviews would be soon?
Applying for Civil Eng. MEng at ABB, get innnnnnnnn
I've also applied for Civil Engineering, and also one of the MEng courses, but I think its typical offer was AAB (Which is what I'm predicted), making it most likely my first choice if I get an offer (my UCAS only got sent by the school today...over 2 weeks after I pressed pay+send). Really like the city, uni and course so fingers crossed I get an offer :smile:
Anyone gotten an offer for English yet?
Reply 52
Original post by BlodynTatws
Hola fellow Diff applicants!

I've applied to Cardiff for Biomedical Science and Medical Pharmacology and then Biomedical Science at UWIC. I sent my application off on Monday and had an offer from UWIC on Tuesday for CC with Welsh BAC which I'm really happy with as I wanted it as my insurance anyway!

Any other biomedics here? xx

Hey! I've also applied to Cardiff for Medical Pharmacology, its my first choice, just waiting for a reply anxiously!
Congrats on your offer at UWIC!
Ahhh that's so cool!
Let me know if you hear anything, I don't think I can take this suspense much longer! xx
Reply 54
Cardiff for Biochemistry :smile:
Original post by thecdon
Cardiff for Biochemistry :smile:

So jealous!! Well done though :smile: When did you send your application and when did you get the offer?

ETA: Or do you just mean you're applying to Cardiff for biochemistry..?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by el pollo diablo
So jealous!! Well done though :smile: When did you send your application and when did you get the offer?

ETA: Or do you just mean you're applying to Cardiff for biochemistry..?!

I've applied, not got an offer yet, fingers crossed though :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by alicia125
Hi,

I got an offer today for 3 year biology course. So happy!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Offer = AAB

A-levels currently taken - biology, chemistry, geology.

Anyone got similar offer for biology
:smile:

heya,
congratulations. I've had an offer for biology as well :biggrin: ABB, which hopefully is manageable. I take biology, chemistry and history! are you going to the visit day on the 7th of December? I got an invite just to take a look around :smile:
I had the same thing today =O)
Cardiff for English! Anybody got an offer for that yet? *worries*

Quick Reply

Latest